NT555 G2|The next generation of the NT555

tomsgarage

Established Member
As you mentioned, we are currently sold out of this tire. However, Nitto has replacement inventory available so we can put in an order for you; the lead time is estimated at 7 to 10 business days to your door.

My apologies for the confusion.

Not a problem, talked with someone from there and they said the same...looking forward to getting them but not in a big rush, thanks!

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do these still run narrow like the old 555's, meaning I can run a 315 on a 17x9 rim?

We haven't measured the two versions side by side so we can't comment on how wide or narrow the two are, but with regard to rim width, the minimum rim width any tire model produced in 315/35R-17 is safely run on is 10-inches per the Tire and Rim Association (T&RA) build guidelines.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Do these still run narrow like the old 555's, meaning I can run a 315 on a 17x9 rim?

No. They actually run a little wider. I had them by my 555R's and the difference was noticable. I have a little bit of rubbing now where I didn't with my 555R's. Same rim used with both tires.

Any feedback on these yet? Curious how a 300+ rated wear rating will grip.

I've probably put a couple thousand miles on mine. They act pretty much how I figured they would. They do spin in first, especially with no heat in them. But it's not an uncontrollable spin. The car doesn't want to change lanes on it's own. Second and third gear are usually good. Overall I'm happy with them, but I'll probably go back to drag radials when these are done.

Troponin

Established Member
No. They actually run a little wider. I had them by my 555R's and the difference was noticable. I have a little bit of rubbing now where I didn't with my 555R's. Same rim used with both tires.

I've probably put a couple thousand miles on mine. They act pretty much how I figured they would. They do spin in first, especially with no heat in them. But it's not an uncontrollable spin. The car doesn't want to change lanes on it's own. Second and third gear are usually good. Overall I'm happy with them, but I'll probably go back to drag radials when these are done.

That's what I would have assumed. A 300+ wear rating is a good indication that the tire will not grip very well. You really don't want to be above 200 if you expect the tire to have much grip.

Nulltime

Established Member
Hey question! Would these fit ok on 2012 SVTPP wheels in the following sizes without screwing up handling?
Front: 275/40/19 and 305/35/20 (coming out in Feb)

Thanks!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey question! Would these fit ok on 2012 SVTPP wheels in the following sizes without screwing up handling?
Front: 275/40/19 and 305/35/20 (coming out in Feb)

Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out, Nulltime.

The 275/40R-19 size will be fine for the 20x9.5 PP wheels, but the 305's are not recommended. The ideal rim width range for the 305/35R-20 size is 10-inches to 12-inches with 11-inches being the specified measuring width.

As to how the rim width range relates to handling... typically speaking, you'll experience better ride quality when mounting a tire on the narrow end of the rim width range, but with sacrificed handling/response. On the opposite end of the rim width range, you'll experience better handling/response, but with reduced ride comfort. The specified measuring rim width is the ideal blend for both handling and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread