NT555 G2|The next generation of the NT555

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Nitto raised the bar in the summer performance tire category with the introduction of the NT555 Extreme Performance. Nearly two decades later, Nitto set out to make the ever popular NT555 even better and claims the next generation tire, dubbed NT555 G2, will brake harder, corner faster and stop shorter.

You can take to the streets like it's a track day when you drive on the next generation Nitto NT555 G2. With its aggressive directional tread pattern, dual continuous center ribs and race-influenced compound, it delivers thrilling performance, stellar dry and wet traction and a longer lasting tread life, all at a great value. If you want great summer handling without breaking the bank, look to the Nitto NT555 G2.

Nitto NT555 G2
UTQG: 320 AA, A

Click here for: Pricing and Availability on the Nitto NT555 G2

-KEY FEATURES-

Large Tread Blocks

• Enhanced* traction for rear tires of vehicles with staggered fitments and high horsepower. Tire sizes with 275mm and greater section width have larger tread blocks in comparison to tires with 265mm and narrower section width.

Large Tapered Blocks

• Increased* grip capabilities & better cornering stability.

Circumferential Grooves

• Center grooves and shoulder grooves aid water evacuation and wet handling.

Twin Center Ribs

• Increased* dry traction & straight-line stability.

Reinforced Shoulder Treadblocks

• Improves* dry and wet cornering grip.

High Stiffness and Silica Compound

• A special bonding agent increases the interaction between all the compound elements to reinforce bonds for higher compound rigidity during cornering, resulting in better handling capabilities in both wet and dry.

*In comparison to the original NT555 tire

NittoG2Specs_zpsxsokrdup.jpg

-MEDIA-

NT555G2Legacy_zpsthmcdjfk.jpg

NT555Performance_zpsksc7q3t6.jpg

NT555G2Steve_zpswj7xnmxs.jpg

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We are still waiting on pricing. We'll hopefully have this information within the next week or so.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Unfortunately the launch date has been pushed back till January of next year and we are still waiting on pricing. I'll post up as soon as we have this information available.

Thank you everyone for being patient.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm really interested in these. I'm currently running 555R's and would like to switch to a more streetable tire. Hopefully this is cheaper than the R888's.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Additional information, including a link to pricing, has been added to the OP. Inventory will be arriving to our distribution centers over the next few of weeks. Let us know if you have any questions.

bceeezy

Established Member
Additional information, including a link to pricing, has been added to the OP. Inventory will be arriving to our distribution centers over the next few of weeks. Let us know if you have any questions.
Are they not making this tire in a 305/30/20 size?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Are they not making this tire in a 305/30/20 size?

They are, and Nitto has inventory available for order. That said, our current mail order price is $242.00 each with FREE delivery. Shoot us a PM if you would like to order a pair.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Maximize the amount of performance

As pointed out in the NT555 G2: The Legacy Continues video, the block sizes are larger on the tread pattern for any size 275mm & wider to help maximize power to the ground. On the flip side of that, Nitto optimized any size 265mm & narrower to enhance the driving experience, controllability, steering response and brake distance.

Here are a few images showing the difference in tread block size:

265/35R-20 Nitto NT555G2

IMG_3804_zpsu8vindyp.jpg

305/30R-20 Nitto NT555 G2

IMG_3805_zpsmun2ragk.jpg

Side by Side (305 on the left | 265 on the right)

IMG_3806_zpsiywohbgi.jpg

Last edited:

80KM2E

Established Member
In regards to the larger tread blocks and stagger fitments.. Would there be anything wrong with running these in a 285 square set up? With the bigger tread blocks up front? I'm guessing it would be fine...I'm just curious and haven't heard anything from nitto when I asked about it.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
In regards to the larger tread blocks and stagger fitments.. Would there be anything wrong with running these in a 285 square set up? With the bigger tread blocks up front? I'm guessing it would be fine...I'm just curious and haven't heard anything from nitto when I asked about it.

Great question, and no, you won't have issues running the larger tread blocks all around :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread