NT05R

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Question guys I have a rebuilt 01 GT with 4.10 gears XE270AH cams 2,700 rpm stall ect ect it’s n/a for now it’s a beast but right now I’m running NT555R they hook good but I’m wanting NT05R I street race only no track and I also don’t do burnouts sorry don’t feel like burning up brakes and screwing up my stall converter and going through tires constantly I dig race a lot and the NT555R are good but I want something with more bite I’m running 315/35/17 anyone give me there opinion on em and also how are they in rain now I won’t travel highway when raining and when I do drive when raining I’ll be very careful I’ve heard both they are good and they are not idk please with any experience let me know thanks mustang bros

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Sluggie24

Established Member
MT ET street SS 315/35 17's on my supercharged 04 auto. Stick much better than the nitto 555's I used to have. Never drove in rain with them but my guess would be that they would suck in rain.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Question guys I have a rebuilt 01 GT with 4.10 gears XE270AH cams 2,700 rpm stall ect ect it’s n/a for now it’s a beast but right now I’m running NT555R they hook good but I’m wanting NT05R I street race only no track and I also don’t do burnouts sorry don’t feel like burning up brakes and screwing up my stall converter and going through tires constantly I dig race a lot and the NT555R are good but I want something with more bite I’m running 315/35/17 anyone give me there opinion on em and also how are they in rain now I won’t travel highway when raining and when I do drive when raining I’ll be very careful I’ve heard both they are good and they are not idk please with any experience let me know thanks mustang bros

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Line locks for brakes will save you and help a lot.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Future car will be procharged but for now it’s n/a I want to go micky t et ss but idk what will be more Better and sticky but no burnouts and it will be dd

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Three21

Established Member
Mickey Thompson ET Street SS here too, 305/35/18. I was impressed with how good they stick for a thin sidewall street radial. That beign said I took the car out once when it had just started raining and the oils were first coming out of the asphalt and it wanted to loop out on me.

Comparing the tread patterns I would think the NT05's would be worse in the rain than the MT ET Street SS.

Three21

Established Member
Also, even after a couple dry hops the tires were warmed up and sticky, didn't need to do a smoke show.

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Mickey Thompson ET Street SS here too, 305/35/18. I was impressed with how good they stick for a thin sidewall street radial. That beign said I took the car out once when it had just started raining and the oils were first coming out of the asphalt and it wanted to loop out on me.

Comparing the tread patterns I would think the NT05's would be worse in the rain than the MT ET Street SS.

Ok thanks I might just go with those

StrokerGT22

Established Member
What one runs wider the 315/35/17 mt street et ss or nt05r

StrokerGT22

Established Member
Basically I just wanna know out of the two what one is wider and what one will hook me up more from a no burnout dig on street also I don’t go from a dig unless I’ve been drive for a little bit to get tires warm so what ever one will get me to get off the line better that’s the one I’m going with

Three21

Established Member
The width difference between 2 tire of the same size will be minuscule. Compound, tread pattern and tire pressure will be the only real factors in traction.

You'll likely be able to try them both since they won't last more than ~10k miles, so don't overthink it and start practicing your launch.

Users who are viewing this thread