Now....

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
add me to the camp of "too much electronics" in the newer cars.

i don't even have a smartphone, why would i want all that shit in a musclecar

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
not with variable cams. 11.1 means nothing. just more grunt off boost. I wud go 9.5:1 myself but high compassion boosted modern day motors are a completely different animal with the ability to tune.

The numbers are enticing, BUT our engines are built specifically to be forced induction at a compression ratio of 8.5:1 Those coyote motors are 11:1 so in my opinion your taking a risk super charging especially with how expensive everything is these days, who wants to blow a motor. But I've always been a build it strong and safe kinda guy. But to each his own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
The numbers are enticing, BUT our engines are built specifically to be forced induction at a compression ratio of 8.5:1 Those coyote motors are 11:1 so in my opinion your taking a risk super charging especially with how expensive everything is these days, who wants to blow a motor. But I've always been a build it strong and safe kinda guy. But to each his own.

Coyotes love boost. I’ve got plenty of cars running around on 10PSI, no problems. Just have to know what you’re doing. With how complex these cars have gotten, these guys that want to ‘self tune’ have a LOT to learn, and I’d bet that’s where a lot of blown motors come from.

Nothing at all wrong with boosting a coyote. Trust me.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

Depends on what your end goal is.....the coyotes have survived boost and big power for a loooong time. They have a lot of advantages over the terminator powerplant, compression ratio and weaker rods be damned. I know 04sleepers twin turbo auto on corn has been making awesome power/tq for a looong time now. Of course, he's an outstanding tuner and uses the best of the best parts....so that matters

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
A C6Z is a fine car....but don't do it at the expense of your terminator...you would regret that very quickly. Only do it as an "add on". LOL
Indeed. It would be added, not replacing. I need to get funds to build a bigger garage.

BladeX10

Established Member
Bleh. Only new Mustang i'm really interested in is the GT350. I'll be an interested buyer if they drop in the $3x,xxx range in the next year or 2. The new GT's just dont do it for me. They feel so artificial and empty if that makes any sense.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I like the new mustangs and if I wanted to go fast I'd pick up a 17 or 18 gt. I'm just not interested in having a car payment or feeling like I need the newest and best mustang out. Also I can't see spending that kind of money on a car that's going to take a ridiculous hit on resale.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
No. One reason is that the new Gt is everywhere and i'm sure that in a few years they're not going to value much. In about 5 years i think my Cobra is going to have same value as a 2015 gt. Also the front end on the 2018 seems uglier then previous model.

ANMCycle

Screw it KB Style
Established Member
Does anybody know what the engine in the 2013 Roush stage 3 premier package can handle? Is it just a stock 5.0 or is it altered at all as far as motor goes? Also, does Roush upgrade the stick 6 speed that comes in the 2013 stage 3 premier package? The one with 675hp or whatever.... the highest hp package they made for that year. Also is that number at the wheels or crank? What is the Tranny capable of holding as far as power wise goes? What is the engine capable of holding as far as power numbers go..... reliably of course. Thank you.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Short answer no. Heck I'm going backwards I suppose. Buying a 90 foxbody with maybe 300hp.....

But I like the sound and looks of it. And the cobra? That isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Same here. Only S550 I'd even consider would be a GT350. Wouldn't ever trade a terminator though. They are nice, don't get me wrong. However, the lack the feel. All the advanced traction control, etc - no thank you. My traction control is my right foot.

I made the mistake of getting rid of my car once. Now that i have it back, we will never part ways again.

Bleh. Only new Mustang i'm really interested in is the GT350. I'll be an interested buyer if they drop in the $3x,xxx range in the next year or 2. The new GT's just dont do it for me. They feel so artificial and empty if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread