Now that we know prices... what would you take?

tommygun

Established Member
used C6Z - 40k
used GT500 - 35k
Boss 302 - 40k

Its a really tough decision lol I still want a boss 302 :)

my brother would opt for a GT500

my boss has a procharged C6Z I can drive haha

I need to find a dealer to X plan one or possibly even A plan one :) it will be 35ish

SDW Racing

Established Member

treehouse-of-horror-iv3.png

THIS JUST IN TO THE NEWSROOM......

THE FIRST EBAY AUCTION ATTEMPTING TO SELL A RARE 2012 LAGUNA SECA BOSS MUSTANG FOR MORE THAN TWICE THE LISTED MSRP HAS FAILED TO GARNER THE HOPEFUL 'BUY IT NOW' PRICE OF $99,000.

WISE BIDDERS STOPPED AT JUST $42,100.

FILM AT ELEVEN.

THIS IS KENT BROCKMAN REPORTING!

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
I called 3 dealers in KC today.

1 is getting 1 confirmed - orange
1 is getting 2 confirmed - no color chosen
1 has no freaking clue they were even making the Boss lol

not looking good so far haha

203Cree

Established Member
I called 3 dealers in KC today.

1 is getting 1 confirmed - orange
1 is getting 2 confirmed - no color chosen
1 has no freaking clue they were even making the Boss lol

not looking good so far haha

Bob Sight ?
Blue Springs ?
Olathe?

Spill it homo, I'm shopping.... :-D

sprint200

Established Member
treehouse-of-horror-iv3.png

THIS JUST IN TO THE NEWSROOM......

THE FIRST EBAY AUCTION ATTEMPTING TO SELL A RARE 2012 LAGUNA SECA BOSS MUSTANG FOR MORE THAN TWICE THE LISTED MSRP HAS FAILED TO GARNER THE HOPEFUL 'BUY IT NOW' PRICE OF $99,000.

WISE BIDDERS STOPPED AT JUST $42,100.

FILM AT ELEVEN.

THIS IS KENT BROCKMAN REPORTING!

Very encouraging indeed!

Perhaps there are two factors at play here; do I hear "three":

1: The economy is still on life support and won't support stupid ADM's:idea:

2: Too many "Mustang collectors" have been burned the past several years with the GT500's & KR's to be violated this soon again.....:fart:

3: Perhaps Ford will realize that they've "screwed the pooch" so bad with the LS color schemes that only serious track addicts like myself would consider owning one......:thumbsup:

I'm still considering waiting till next year and taking a chance on the 2013 LS color schemes. There should be enough 2012's languishing because of unrealistic ADM's like this one.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I'm still considering waiting till next year and taking a chance on the 2013 LS color schemes.
Looks like black or white with yellow stripes.

4. It's too early since the first cars won't be available for four months.

SDW Racing

Established Member
Very encouraging indeed!

Perhaps there are two factors at play here; do I hear "three":

1: The economy is still on life support and won't support stupid ADM's:idea:

2: Too many "Mustang collectors" have been burned the past several years with the GT500's & KR's to be violated this soon again.....:fart:

3: Perhaps Ford will realize that they've "screwed the pooch" so bad with the LS color schemes that only serious track addicts like myself would consider owning one......:thumbsup:

I'm still considering waiting till next year and taking a chance on the 2013 LS color schemes. There should be enough 2012's languishing because of unrealistic ADM's like this one.

I agree with most of what you said here. The stars ain't lining up for ADMs on this or any new car with the economy in the crapper.

I too hope, that Ford will offer a 'paint delete' on the LS, its just fugly. A nice C stripe, maybe a stripe down the hood or black it out totally would be my preference.

I too, will probably sit back and wait for this to play out. I want one, but realistaically, there are so many more cars available in that price range. I am willing to pay MSRP when the time is right, but I hope Ford realizes what's going on and reconsiders this allotment/allocation fiasco will do nothing but drive prices up for most....some dealers seem to understand they will get more business at MSRP than ADM....others still think its 2007 when GT500s could not be had for less than 10K over sticker.

Call me a pessimist, but the last few years have soured me on any new car purchases due to the dumbass dealers arrogance.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
well said, if someone pays wayyyyy over msrp, the market will hear it and then the dealer frenzy will start. MSRP is the only way to go...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So, just for the sake of arguing, for $39k what would you take; a lightly used Boss302 or a used 06-08 C6 Z06?

Take a C6 Z06 to a race track and pass a bunch of Mustangs with it sounds almost as exciting as watching grass grow. :rollseyes

Take a Mustang to a racetrack and pass a bunch of C6 Z06's and now you have some quality entertainment! :dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
used C6Z - 40k
used GT500 - 35k
Boss 302 - 40k

Its a really tough decision lol I still want a boss 302 :)

my brother would opt for a GT500

my boss has a procharged C6Z I can drive haha

I need to find a dealer to X plan one or possibly even A plan one :) it will be 35ish

I'm with him I always wanted a boss back in the day.

VRM III

Established Member
I kick myself in the azz several times for never getting a boss 429 for under 200$ sticker price. Yea it's a gamble say leguna seca could be worth lot more later on. You young guys could be saying I remember fords 2012 boss 302. Damn should have bought one then. Who knows.

I always thought to myself how cool would it have been to buy a Boss 429 or 302 back when they came out...

Now they are coming out with a new 302. My plan is to keep my GT until the Boss 302's are going up for sale at used prices. That way I can afford one and keep it for life.

The Boss Mustang is a LEGEND. I only hope I can afford to buy one down the road :)

Congrats big time to those of you lucky enough to have already ordered one :beer:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I always thought to myself how cool would it have been to buy a Boss 429 or 302 back when they came out...
This has a lot to do with me buying one although I was too young when they first came out. A good friend of mine owns a 1969 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet with matching numbers and in beautiful condition. When he purchased it in 1989 I thought he was crazy paying what he did. It's tripled in value since then. We talked about how cool it would have been to be the original owner and order it just for yourself. Flash forward 20 years and that's exactly what I did. I don't expect the new Boss to appreciate like my friends CJ but I do expect to depreciate less than other cars I might purchase. But unlike my friend I'm going to drive the wheels off of it. Not to mention I've always wanted a Mustang. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread