Now that we know prices... what would you take?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I was seriously considering one of these with the hopes of it being in the mid 30's, but seeing that you are looking at low 40's, plus ADM, it's a little bit away from my budget.

I then started thinking of what else will be in that price range by this time next year, figuring that the Boss 302 can be found for high 30's with very low mileage (just a presumption), and this is the area which used C6 Z06's are going for now....

So, just for the sake of arguing, for $39k what would you take; a lightly used Boss302 or a used 06-08 C6 Z06?

satx

Banned
While the Z06 is going to outperform the Boss I am really a mustang guy at heart. At some point the numbers start to matter less than the experience and I think the Boss with the TracKey tune is going to offer a really special driving experience.

Put me down for the Boss LS.

SDW Racing

Established Member
I feel your pain...this in my predicament too....as the price slowly creeps up on the Boss, it is crossing over into dangerous territory...competing with other cars that have similar/better performance at a more negotiable price.

Prices are coming down on used ZR-1s already and it does not looks like a lot of the new ZR-1s are selling at all!

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i think you guys need to take a breath. a friend of mine in alabama just locked in a first quarter laguna seca at sticker price. he turned me on to another dealer he spoke to that has 2 laguna secas coming plus several base models. my conversation with him last night had him offering me my choice at sticker price.
three local dealers have all called me saying they had base models for me at sticker price. my alabama friend and i both think its possible to buy these cars now at below sticker.

i dont want a car til next 4th quarter 2011. i am going to put offers in next week under sticker price. anyone that is convinced that there will be serious adm's needs to think again.

my read is this is why ford waited to price the car. they could sell the base model for $36, but had they the market would have pushed the cost to $40k with the adm. now...its just the price.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
i think you guys need to take a breath. a friend of mine in alabama just locked in a first quarter laguna seca at sticker price. he turned me on to another dealer he spoke to that has 2 laguna secas coming plus several base models. my conversation with him last night had him offering me my choice at sticker price.
three local dealers have all called me saying they had base models for me at sticker price. my alabama friend and i both think its possible to buy these cars now at below sticker.

i dont want a car til next 4th quarter 2011. i am going to put offers in next week under sticker price. anyone that is convinced that there will be serious adm's needs to think again.

my read is this is why ford waited to price the car. they could sell the base model for $36, but had they the market would have pushed the cost to $40k with the adm. now...its just the price.

good point.

I just went down to Brandon Ford today and the guy said he could get one at sticker, they will NOT be putting any markups at all.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
While the Z06 is going to outperform the Boss I am really a mustang guy at heart. At some point the numbers start to matter less than the experience and I think the Boss with the TracKey tune is going to offer a really special driving experience.

Put me down for the Boss LS.

+1. The thought of getting rid of my Z for a boss has crossed my mind numerous times.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I kick myself in the azz several times for never getting a boss 429 for under 200$ sticker price. Yea it's a gamble say leguna seca could be worth lot more later on. You young guys could be saying I remember fords 2012 boss 302. Damn should have bought one then. Who knows.

slvr35th

Established Member
these cars are gonna be sick!! i think i would take one over a gt500. with being forged from ford all you would need is a blower to make these car bad ass.:banana:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Kona Blue, no Torsen/Recaro's, with mats/CC. I'll believe it when it's in my garage.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Please, what are your reasons for passing on them?

Husker
The Boss is going to be a weekend family car. I want my two kids to be able to get in and out of the car, and have some visibility, when I drive to the track. :-D For $2K I can buy be a nice racing seat if needed. I've seen the Recaro's in person and IMO they aren't that slick. For example the seat in a Challenger SRT is much nicer. If I could have just ordered the Torsen diff I would have done so.

Users who are viewing this thread