NOW Need to replace my tires on 2012 Shelby

khuttman

Very new cobra guy
Established Member
:nono:
Besides hating the tires on my new SVT Shelby, I some how picked up 3 nails in passenger front...why, how, who knows. So from other forums I understand impossible to replicate tires for this car because are made special...Goodyear/shelby/SVT ....rear - 285/35R/20 & front 275/40R/19. Anything else out there are all off some in measurements ,...leaving heighth & width problems...So really want 3 season tires, what I could really use.... so Nitto probably out of the picture. So best fit I've heard are Michelin (although very pricey) 275/35R/20 rear and front of 275/40R/19.... Hate to lose width, even though small...also heard maybe continental extreme contact DSW, but really nothing else on them, size match...? But good value for price. ....:idea:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post khuttman.

You hit the nail pretty much on the head. The OEM wheels are 9.5" wide which limits you to the OEM tires sizes or slightly smaller (in the rear). Going with the 275/40-19 ~ 275/40-20 sizes offers the most options.

What are you looking for out your next set of tires? We would be happy to make a recommendation for you.

khuttman

Very new cobra guy
Established Member
Well I'm now thinking bridgestone ultra performance, they have one nice set and measure the rear size perfect, but off some in front, but still staying at 19 front, 20 rear wheels but $453 each they should be great, second are the michelin pilot sport DSW at $360, I took the Conties off the table...any other thoughts before I place an order? Thanks

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well I'm now thinking bridgestone ultra performance, they have one nice set and measure the rear size perfect, but off some in front, but still staying at 19 front, 20 rear wheels but $453 each they should be great, second are the michelin pilot sport DSW at $360, I took the Conties off the table...any other thoughts before I place an order? Thanks

Tell me what you are looking for out of your next set of tires. I assume the vehicle will only be run during the warmer months? Will the vehicle see any racing? If so, what type.

Users who are viewing this thread