Notre Dame cathedral on fire

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I'll say my first thought was terrorism but don't they always claim responsibility? I can see the French trying to protect them and keep it under wraps being the cowards they are but terrorist's want the world to know it was them.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I'll say my first thought was terrorism but don't they always claim responsibility? I can see the French trying to protect them and keep it under wraps being the cowards they are but terrorist's want the world to know it was them.

I was thinking maybe the Yellow Vest protesters might of done it also, as they are still fuming. I know it was highly unlikely that they would destroy such a cultural landmark but it also isn't unheard of either. Just glad that it was not caused by criminal means but still sucks that a lot of the upper structure and interior is forever gone.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Why the hell did it take HOURS to get fire fighters on scene?

What a joke.

France could care less about anything religious whatsoever. What a shame.

Because there was a wall of people just standing in the connecting streets watching, so the fire companies had to fight against them in order to get there. More than one news source said as much (both French, US, and European)

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It was started by Trump and the Russians.

Media geniuses said it took 1-1/2 hours just to get firetrucks there because of the tourists and traffic that time of day. What kind of ****ing idiots manage Notre Dame?

Hitler didn't dare destroy it but a construction worker could?

Bull****ingshit, it was intentional... radical islamic terrorism.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Because there was a wall of people just standing in the connecting streets watching, so the fire companies had to fight against them in order to get there. More than one news source said as much (both French, US, and European)
So they don’t have ****in sirens on french fire trucks?

What noise do the fire trucks make. A high pitched fart, or maybe they whisper “We surrender”.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

"let's not jump to conclusions, it was an accident"

First, calling it an accident is a conclusion, and how the **** do they know that all ready? Second, it doesn't need to be an ISIS plot with "daka daka" videos for it to be arson. Some asshole with a gas can could be responsible.

There was no fire supression, safety measures or fire watch at this historic site during renovations?

This being an extension cord shorting out sounds as logical as 9/11 being just a few planes with flight computer glitches.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
A French billionaire has already said he'll donate 100 million euros. France is setting up an online collection of sorts today, as we speak. The whole world will be behind rebuilding Notre Dame. From the pics and video I'm seeing, it's not as bad as I thought it would.

Another French businessman has donated 200 million euros, so we're at 300 million euros before the real fundraising even starts.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
So far, the inside isn't looking that bad compared to what I figured we would be seeing today.

Most recent shot:

nvvsojcrhks21.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Was that wall of people made up of muslims? Asking for a friend.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I believe that’s the inside of one of the two towers. The rest of the structure was wooden and is literally gone.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Umm...no.

The inside is a cross shape. The roof of the church burnt, with the spire crashing through the roof, making the hole shown.

Iqd44l3.jpg

The South rose window seems fine, it was the north one that was questionable, but I posted a picture of that above.

Here's looking in the main entrance, a pic older than the one I posted before.

trSMa4j.jpg

Again, still 1,000 time better than I would have guessed.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Plus as of 3 hours ago....

Notre Dame organ intact
After a horrendous night, some more good news this morning. Notre Dame’s organ, among the world’s most famous and biggest, remains intact.

Paris’ deputy mayor, Emmanuel Gregoire, also told the French 24-hour news channel BFMTV that a plan to protect Notre Dame’s treasures had been successfully activated.

The organ dates to the 1730s and was constructed by Francois Thierry. It boasts an estimated 8,000 pipes.

Gregoire also described “enormous relief” at the salvaging of pieces such as the purported Crown of Christ. The organ had been the focus of concern for many:

Users who are viewing this thread