Notre Dame cathedral on fire

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow... went there as a kid a few times while visiting my aunts in Paris. What a horrible thing to have happened. The amount of destruction must be unbelievable.

Certainly it would be an interesting thing to see (whether for religious purposes or just history) but my one destination (if I ever went which is about a 0% chance) would be Normandy. That place should be a church...if you will.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member

“Everybody’s really under shock now in France. I would tell you something. Even if nobody died, it’s like a 9/11, it’s a French 9/11. It’s a big shock. This church was there for more than 850 years. Even the Nazis didn’t dare to destroy it,” Karsenty stated.

“You need to know that for the past years, we’ve had churches desecrated each and every week in France, all over France. So, of course, you will hear the story of the politically correct — the political correctness which will tell you it’s probably an accident.”

Smith interrupted him, saying, “Sir, sir, sir, we’re not going to speculate here of the cause of something that which we don’t know. If you have observations or you know something, we would love to hear it.”

“I’m just telling you something, what we need to be ready,” Karsenty responded.

Smith then cut him off and went into a diatribe about why he would not allow a guest to speculate on his show.

“No, sir, we’re not doing that here, not now, not on my watch. Philippe Karsenty, it’s very good for you to be here. We’re watching the at least partial destruction of a world icon, Notre Dame Cathedral has been burning for 2.5 hours. The initial reports we got were that the fire started in a construction zone in the rear. We are thousands of miles away. And the man on the phone with us has absolutely no information of any kind about the origin of this fire and neither do I. And the fire investigators will at some point come to a determination about what caused this and conspiracy theories about anything are worthless and in many cases counter productive and injurious to society. And those who entertain them are not acting in the best interests of the people of this planet.”

Shep Smith Shuts Down French Commentator From Speculating Terror Is Behind Notre Dame Fire

Zemedici

Established Member

“Everybody’s really under shock now in France. I would tell you something. Even if nobody died, it’s like a 9/11, it’s a French 9/11. It’s a big shock. This church was there for more than 850 years. Even the Nazis didn’t dare to destroy it,” Karsenty stated.

“You need to know that for the past years, we’ve had churches desecrated each and every week in France, all over France. So, of course, you will hear the story of the politically correct — the political correctness which will tell you it’s probably an accident.”

Smith interrupted him, saying, “Sir, sir, sir, we’re not going to speculate here of the cause of something that which we don’t know. If you have observations or you know something, we would love to hear it.”

“I’m just telling you something, what we need to be ready,” Karsenty responded.

Smith then cut him off and went into a diatribe about why he would not allow a guest to speculate on his show.

“No, sir, we’re not doing that here, not now, not on my watch. Philippe Karsenty, it’s very good for you to be here. We’re watching the at least partial destruction of a world icon, Notre Dame Cathedral has been burning for 2.5 hours. The initial reports we got were that the fire started in a construction zone in the rear. We are thousands of miles away. And the man on the phone with us has absolutely no information of any kind about the origin of this fire and neither do I. And the fire investigators will at some point come to a determination about what caused this and conspiracy theories about anything are worthless and in many cases counter productive and injurious to society. And those who entertain them are not acting in the best interests of the people of this planet.”

Shep Smith Shuts Down French Commentator From Speculating Terror Is Behind Notre Dame Fire

He’s a sheep. Wolves care not for the opinions of sheep.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
He’s a sheep. Wolves care not for the opinions of sheep.
I don't think many people can stand him, I would have changed the channel but Trace Gallagher is Catholic and had good insight on the history of Notre Dame.

Now they are not sure if they can stop the fire.
The big worry now is the 9 bells in each of the towers could fall. Each weighs thousands of pounds each and could take down the tower with them.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy. Regardless of how it started, it's a shame it's looking like they won't be able to save the building.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd rather wait for evidence than indulge in racism.

Racism eh?

Lmao! Get the **** outa here.

645-AB220-65-D4-4-AFC-A85-F-76-D0-F7-DD303-B.gif

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread