Nothing to see, just you average ordinary 7 second bagged mustang....

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Joe picked up this 2016 Mustang new from Glockner Ford in Portsmouth, OH. He immediately brought the car to us and our partners at Finish Line Performance to get to work on it. Joe had already done a vortech kit on his 2015 Manual Mustang, but decided he wanted to jump into the 6r80 auto game. Joe started off with a Paxton supercharger and a Fore Innovations e85 fuel system.

Joe wanted to be different and decided he wanted air on this car. We hit our friends at Airlift up and they sent us one of their s550 kits. To compliment the suspension we added a Steeda Ultimate stop the hop kit along with Viking crusader rear shocks. The car immediately propelled into the 9 second zone and Joe was more than pleased.

Joe decided he wanted to be the first in the 8s on air. He decided a turbo kit was in order along with a built motor. BES racing engines handled the long block along with a set of their custom turbo cams. The turbo kit uses Boost Works turbo headers and intercooler and all the piping is done custom by Rogue Race Cars. Twin precision 72/75s feed the Plazmamann intake. Injectors were upgraded to ID2600s. Boost is controlled via an AMS 2000 and tuning duites is regulated to Jon Jr. at Lund Racing. The 6r80 experts!

A Gforce 9" was added to help holding power in the rear end and driveshaft area. Finish Line Performance installed one of Beefcake Racings stage 5 6r80 transmission packages. This includes Exedy Stage 2 clutches, TCS Billet intermediate shaft, and Bluestreat Billet planetary, one way clutch, and Sun Gear. Finish Line has been building these transmissions going on nearly 10 years now. This package retains all 6 gears including 2 overdrive gears.

To get all 1350 rear wheel horsepower to the ground, Joe knew he needed more meat and picked up a set of the AED billet knuckles (exclusive to Beefcake Racing). The knuckles allowed joe to add a 15x11" Bogars Racing wheels single beadlock wheel on an s550. The knuckles also allow proper camber settings for drag racing as well. The AED knuckles are the only way to run a 15" rear wheel with proper offset, camber, and retain the original suspension geometry.

The most amazing thing about Joes car is it weights in at 3995lbs with him in it. Still features ford bluetooth, back up camera, navigation, and AC. Joe also added a few lbs via his Anderson Composites front and side splitter kits. Gotta look good going fast!! Joe hit his goal of being the first 8 second bagged Mustang, and after this weekend at Tx2k21 Joe is in an exclusive category of being the only 7 second bagged Mustang, and maybe the only 7 second bagged car that we know of... With a best of 1.20 60' on air, this car is simply amazing. And at 7.8's at 182 mph, we know its putting in work!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy crap! That's moving out! Nice to watch a "just the facts" video. No long intro. No superfluous banter about the family, weather, color of the walls, etc. (LOL). Just a quick look at the BEAST and a quick blast down the track. That Mustang is looking so good. Thanks for posting the video!
upload_2021-3-25_8-36-30.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fast.

I'd love to make a 7 or 8 second pass once.

Fastest I've been in a 1/4 is 10.476 and I felt like that was hauling ass. haha

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Holy crap! That's moving out! Nice to watch a "just the facts" video. No long intro. No superfluous banter about the family, weather, color of the walls, etc. (LOL). Just a quick look at the BEAST and a quick blast down the track. That Mustang is looking so good. Thanks for posting the video!
View attachment 1695738

all of mine are short and sweet, probably why only 2k followers lol

That thing is nasty.

yep

Fast.

I'd love to make a 7 or 8 second pass once.

Fastest I've been in a 1/4 is 10.476 and I felt like that was hauling ass. haha

its a rush

Users who are viewing this thread