Not your normal AutoX. This one is Awesome, Trust me. (East Tennessee)

ssrogers

Established Member
WPGFORDGUY said:
wanna borrow my car then?

Sorry for the the Very slow responce to this, but I have been trying to figure out a good way to ask this and I can't. So, I'm sorry if this makes me sound like a jerk.

This guy has probably 200+ more rwhp than your car judging by your mods listed on your website. What do you have that would be faster? Do you think your GT would out autocross my C6 Corvette?

Last edited:

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
ssrogers said:
What do you have that would be faster? Do you think your GT would out autocross my C6 Corvette?

.... I can drive.

I was just foolin around with you, I hope you have a blast at your event :coolman:

Beat myself Driving your vette, no way... a GT500 absolutely

Remember that a C6 is A Super Stock out of the box, bone stock and a Mustang is F Stock that's a ton of Pax to make up. where as the GT500 is also A Super Stock.

Now I Love GT500's really, I do... but a GT500 is no autox machine. But we typically run Very tight an technical courses up here and at 4000+ a GT500 is just not a contender.

Having spent a significant amount of time driving a GT500 ( I am an SVT Dealer, of which the 1 point exclusivity still exisits in Canada) there's no way I would run faster in a GT500 than in my own car, pullied or not.

www.wpg-autox.org is our site and if you look through some of the event result from last year I ran Faster (raw tmes) more than once, than a 2006 Ford GT as well as Skylines, STi's, 350Z Track, S2000 and a JCW Mini.

an impressive list right...

But I also get beat by some very good drivers in so unsuspecting cars as well ( damn Miatas!!! ), Solo 1 & 2 is way more about driver skill than the car and set-up.

/threadjack.

Have a wicked time! Looks like It's gonna be a TON of fun.

Last edited:

ssrogers

Established Member
OK, well, we have 39 registered and It was supposed to be limited to 36 on sunday. So, as far as that goes, I now have no idea.

ssrogers

Established Member
I thought I'd let you know my fastest lap was 2.157 seconds faster than the GT500's. I got a 73.120 and he got a 75.277. Just proves that in autocrosses horsepower isn't everything. I mean, an '06 Mini S ran a 73.012. Fastest time was a 61.195 by a really fast C5 with race tires.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
A basically stock C5 automatic with 2.73 gears and race tires : )

I want to go into hideing after what I ran.

Last edited:

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
Yeah it is not all about the power. I ran over a full second fast this year in my 96 that only has suspension mods, over my 500rwhp 03 the previous tow years. I was pleased with my 65.xxx I really would have like to see a 64, just couldn't get there. Just sucks to have 3 of those fricken fast impala's in front of me, give those guys huge props!

Users who are viewing this thread