Not sure anyone know what this is?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
my 1999 cobra looks to be lowered, the springs say hypercc (at least thats what i think they say) and they are blue on top and black to the bottom. Are they stock, also do the 1999 cobra sit lower than the 2001? I'll measure from the ground to the hightest curve of the inner fenders. If ya got some input please let me know.:??:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Got the measurements

Front measures 26 3/4 and the back measures 27 1/2 inchs. Heres a picture of the back the front picture didn't come out so good.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Well, My car as well as a lot of the Second Production Run 01 Cobra's that I have seen are pretty damn High! I compared mine to my friends 01 and mine was way higher than his.

Mine is

28.5" Rear Wheel
8.25" Rear Rocker
8" Front Rocker
28.375" Front Wheel

Granted the car only have 2,000 miles on it. But still, my 01 built in Aug was a good 1/2 higher than my friends 01 as well as many others!

I will measure what it is now with the Cobra R stuff in a week or two.

Shawn

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Keep'em coming!

Thanks BlackSnake2001, I see your going with the Cobra R springs, what are your reasons, are they the best lowed, riding springs out there? Since you've install the x-pipe have you noice more carbon and or fuel come out of your exhaust at WOT? I've got the Bassini X pipe w/ cats and straight thru mufflers. I thinks she's running rich 12k miles, but I'm not sure (Am I the only one that can run my fingers across the rear bumper and see black carbon????????????????????), also no check engine light. I've read that these cars run rich regardless, maybe I need a chip, yes/no? I also have the PHP IRS brace with the stock busings, this weekend was my first test, fryed 1st and 2nd with no problems (no hop), 2nd bearly hoped if at all. Also tryed excellorating as fast as possible in 1st with out spinning the wheel and nailing 2nd. Well, no wheel hop justs kicked out the ass and almost lost it. Damn these car got more snot upstairs that the 5.0's that I'm used to. Any way Moderators if your reading this can you guys make a forum just for home videos for good old boys doing some burnout and doughnuts(not the fryed food). I'm willing to kill some new rubber and so are my friends and family. :beer:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
No Problem... I chose the Cobra R springs after a HUGE thread on the Corral about what springs to get! I didn't want it lowered too much, like I showed above with the numbers, mine sat super high to begin with and I really wanted to lower it to NORMAL height! That and the R Bilsteins are a perfect match! The ride is freaking Great and the drop was what I wanted as well, I will take pics and measurements here soon! I just installed everything on Sat, so I am not sure about the Exhuast.. I know it smells horrible right now.. I see that mine runs rich by the Dyno graph, it's just a trademark and a safe tune from the factory I guess!

The PHP and Steeda Bushings were a nice touch as well, I don't know and I can't comment on it alone since I did it all! But I love the way it rides and runs now, sounds great and it feels soo much better throughout the range!

I will have more Dyno #'s this sat!

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread