"Not Ready" Evap and Cat on EGR delete 4V swap into my GT, help!

Jonny00GT

Established Member
I have a 2000 Mustang GT with a built '99 Cobra motor and a turbo.
I have a turbo and just deleted the EGR in favor of not dealing with where to plug in the tube.
I have a Single 3" high flow cat and rear O2.

Problem is, I can't pass emissions because the Evap in the gas tank and the Catalyst are showing "not ready". I had to replace my alternator and charge up my dead Optima Red Top. Red top tested good and I've put about 400 miles since the system reset.

The EGR will always show "not ready", but I should be able to pass with the other 2 on. I have code P1000 showing the drive cycle not complete. Tuner was sure to turn everything on and I know it's doing something cause I got the down stream O2 heater code till I fixed that.

Could this be partly due to the EGR being deleted??
Does it have anything to do with this being a GT with a 4v?
Could the EVAP not cycling be due to the cold weather?
This is my daily driver so putting miles on it is not a huge issue.

Again, not throwing any codes, just not initiating the Cat or the EVAP. Any ideas??

-Jonny

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
It could be because of your EGR..Why not take it into an exhaust shop and have them weld in a tube for it?

As I read the info in the link below, it shows that the EGR is monitored in order for the P1000 to clear.

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle

Jonny00GT

Established Member
Hm...well, I have a welder. No sense in paying a shop to do what I can do, I just didn't want the hastle of finding a good place to put it and welding the flange on and all that...

Besides, I believe I can have 2 "Not Ready" codes...just gotta figure out why the Cat or the Evap is not coming on. I think the Evap is because of the cold weather. The Cat may be because I T-d one down stream into the other to use one O2 since I just have the single exhaust...

Last edited:

Jonny00GT

Established Member
Ok...here is what I learned today.
Cat O2 not ready and EGR off/not ready will pass if prior to 2001 OBDII. You can have 2 "not ready"s. If 2001 and up, you can only have one.

I have a 2000 model, so...I passed! Woohoo!

This is in Texas, by the way.

-Jonny

Users who are viewing this thread