Not a good look, right meow (Ford)…

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is a warranty claim on a Ford extended plan.

Right. So Ford will pay up to $XXXX for an engine....the only engines available to buy are selling for $XXXXX, and Ford is unwilling to cover the difference so either the dealership or customer has to cover it. Or they can wait until Ford Factory produces more for $XXXX.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty overblown imo. bronco6g has 54 reports of issues most within a small engine build window. Supposedly from a bad batch of valves. New cars break that's what warranties are for. I haven't heard of Ford giving any owners issues about replacement.

We've got over 5k miles on ours now with zero issues.
You wouldn't be pissed if a $50k vehicle with under 2500 miles needed a new engine? Such a failure is not a confidence booster.

In other news, is the 2.7 in the Bronco the same as the 2.7 in the F150?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
When I was a writer at Ford, Ford didnt provide loaners to customers, was essentially up to the dedealership.
Depends on the vehicle and warranty plan. Ive never been denied a loaner or rental.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What's the lead time on getting a replacement 3.7L V6 right now? I have a friend that's been waiting since Dec for one.

I know the 3.5tt in the Transit is about 5mo out right now. Have a fleet customer that just opted to pay $13k for a used 3.5 with 48k miles on it because of the wait time with a total repair cost of $22k. The engine from Ford costs about $6k. It's my largest RO to date.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Right. So Ford will pay up to $XXXX for an engine....the only engines available to buy are selling for $XXXXX, and Ford is unwilling to cover the difference so either the dealership or customer has to cover it. Or they can wait until Ford Factory produces more for $XXXX.

Depending on how this plays out it may end up in court. SC has some interesting laws concerning warranties.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Depending on how this plays out it may end up in court. SC has some interesting laws concerning warranties.

I'd be interested in reading the case if it does come to fruititin!

96dreamer

Established Member
You wouldn't be pissed if a $50k vehicle with under 2500 miles needed a new engine? Such a failure is not a confidence booster.

Not what I said at all. I'd be livid. However my feeling on if a single vehicle failed should not necessitate an investigation or recall.

This isn't an inherent design flaw or defect with the architecture, the 2.7 has been used for years in a few vehicles with great results. This was a small batch of engines that got a bad batch of valves from a vendor.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
1655328341505.jpeg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
When I worked at the dealer SVT people got loaners. I’m surprised as big as this Bronco has been they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Are dealerships in possession of these new engines with five figure costs or private owners or what?

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Considering a random slut can get paid the hell out for being a cum-dumpster in a car, allegedly, I think there may be some payouts by either dealerships or FoMoCo Corp after a court case is filed

If I just paid any amount for a brand new ass vehicle and it took a shit after 2500 miles and ford or the dealer told me "30 dollars is all you get for a rental for..... well who knows for how long because we suck and can't quote how long it will take to get our shit together" I would summer of love that place lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
$30/day doesn't buy much in terms of rentals at least comparable to a $50k vehicle sitting out of commission waiting on an engine. Trying to screw the little guy seems spot on for big business though.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

Generally, for a vehicle with that many miles, Ford will send a direct drop in from the assy. line vs a reman unit. It's rare but I've seen it on very low mileage vehicles under 6 months old.

Regarding the loaners we've always had at least 10-15 loaner vehicles. It's been about 2 years now with zero cars. I don't even have 10 new vehicles on lot. Its beyond mindboggling how this is happening still!!!

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Also, if your vehicle is out of service for that long, you can call ford customer service and they Will make your payments and generally give you a free extended warranty if you bitch enough.... Which is a good thing for peace of mind!!

Users who are viewing this thread