Not a good look, right meow (Ford)…

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This stuff happens to everyone. We had a 2022 $100K+ Escalade in the shop with less than 4K miles on it that needed a new camshaft/pushrods and AFM. Nobody is crying about that. We see it all the time. Probably 3-4 a week at this Dealership in the middle of Maine of all places. I can't imagine the backlog in a large population area.
What do you think the owner of a $100K Escalade thinks of GM's "quality"? A $50K Ford is peanuts. Lol.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
This stuff happens to everyone. We had a 2022 $100K+ Escalade in the shop with less than 4K miles on it that needed a new camshaft/pushrods and AFM. Nobody is crying about that. We see it all the time. Probably 3-4 a week at this Dealership in the middle of Maine of all places. I can't imagine the backlog in a large population area.
What do you think the owner of a $100K Escalade thinks of GM's "quality"? A $50K Ford is peanuts. Lol.

Not sure if you're a troll or a pretentious retard lol.

Yep, everyone everywhere spends 100k on a vehicle with the expectation it is going to take a shit in the first four thousand miles. Furthermore, everyone has the expectation that its going to need the motor to be cracked open to repair. Nobody anywhere is crying about that because thats what the poors do with their 50k vehicles. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
****ing poors! LOL

WHAAAA… My motor had to come out… WHAAAA!

WHAAA… dont get a rental after purchasing a $50K+ vehicle… WHAAAA!

WHAAA… Now I get to be without my vehicle for months… WHAAAAAAAA!!!

Pathetic… Man up, peons!

My94GT

Established Member
Because there aren't any to be had.
I was going to mention this. There are major rental shortages currently. I deal with this daily running a collision repair shop, appointments made, reservations booked, and not enough rentals to go around. It’s a mess currently.

I personally went through this with a local Benz dealer getting warranty work done on the wife’s car recently as well so it’s not isolated to just ford.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It is the nature of the industry at the moment. Shortages everywhere. Enterprise is buying up used trucks with lifts and mods just so they have vehicles to rent. So far they have brought us a Tacoma TRD Pro that had aftermarket wheels and a canopy on it and an F150 with a leveling kit, wheels, and smoked headlights and taillights. I've been working with Enterprise for 8 years now and I have never seen them buy anything but new cars, but they just can't get what they need right now. They're also approving huge repairs that normally total out vehicles. Their threshold is way lower than insurance when it comes to repairs, and usually an engine swap would be out of the question, but we currently are doing 3-4 engines a month on average for them among the 30-40 cars of theirs we have at any given time with various repairs needed.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Just had multiple maintenance items and front brakes done at the local Ford dealer on our '12 Escape and used their loaner.
They are one of the few around that still have loaners.

I know the funding for loaners has to come from somewhere, and I'm OK with paying for it.

SHOdown220

Established Member
We do not have loaners anymore, all cars in our fleet are rentals and all are charged out by the day. Either the shop, customer or warranty pays for it. We have a 100 car rental fleet at my dealership and 75% are out with Hyundai/Kia customers waiting on engines.

It’s frustrating because we don’t have those cars to use for my own customers but those Kia customers are without cars for 6-9 months.

Zemedici

Established Member
We do not have loaners anymore, all cars in our fleet are rentals and all are charged out by the day. Either the shop, customer or warranty pays for it. We have a 100 car rental fleet at my dealership and 75% are out with Hyundai/Kia customers waiting on engines.

It’s frustrating because we don’t have those cars to use for my own customers but those Kia customers are without cars for 6-9 months.

Holy yikes

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

What are the reasons for the engine failures?

SHOdown220

Established Member
What are the reasons for the engine failures?
I’ll be honest I’m not sure, I don’t work for Kia/Hyundai they are just in our auto mall and use our dealers rental program. There was some big recall or warranty extension because so many had engine failures, I’m wanting to say their most widely used na 4 cylinder have premature bearing failure or something along those lines

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
In many of the 2.0T's the crank journals weren't cleaned out after machining. It's not like bearings need oil or anything.
So blocking oil passages. That was a huge mistake, that will guarantee failure at some point.

mariusvt

Established Member
In many of the 2.0T's the crank journals weren't cleaned out after machining. It's not like bearings need oil or anything.
The 2.0 and 2.4 they used in like 75% of their vehicles for like 9 years were all the same base. I sold a 2015 sonata to carvana about 6 months ago that would ping and burned 1.5 qts of oil in 5k miles. Hyundai determined to that was normal. But thanks to used car prices, I got what I paid for it after driving it for 45k miles and 4 years

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I know the 3.5tt in the Transit is about 5mo out right now. Have a fleet customer that just opted to pay $13k for a used 3.5 with 48k miles on it because of the wait time with a total repair cost of $22k. The engine from Ford costs about $6k. It's my largest RO to date.
Holy crap! 13k for a used 3.5TT? Is that the going rate for one? If so, I hope mine doesn't let go anytime soon.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Holy crap! 13k for a used 3.5TT? Is that the going rate for one? If so, I hope mine doesn't let go anytime soon.

They're just hard to come by right now because of backorders. So because of that the wrecking yards are pulling them and charging top dollar for low mileage units. It's 5mo or more for a new unit and remans too.

Users who are viewing this thread