NOS PLUS TVS ON A 12, Is it that simple?

sono

Established Member
Have a 12 with 680 whp 19.5 pounds of boost witha tvs and a 2.4" pulley and KB 168 mono.

After the headers I'll be around 710whp and 18 or so pounds of boost.

It's my DD so I was thinking why bother with a lower pulley or e85, just throw a 100 shot in so it's there when you need it. The car is supposed to be safe to 800whp.

I know nothing about NOS, nor do I want to rebuild an engine. Is this a pipe dream or a good plan?

nxhappy

Established Member
nothing wrong with nitrous, as long as you have the safety precautions. 100 wet shot would put you over the 800 mark. With PD blowers and nitrous on top, a 50 shot will give you closer to 75WHP. A 100 shot will give about 125WHP.

I would do a 50-75 wet shot, and that will get you the numbers you want to see. You will need a WOT switch and a window switch. You can spray in the intake right next to the TB. And of course you will need a nitrous tune.

1st usa car

Established Member
100 shot of NOS does not equal 100 hp -- it tends to be more power and NOS kicks in w/ crazy torque. If you feel 800whp is safe you will be smarter to do a 50 shot

BilletProShop

Established Member
stock motor... 75 shot max and that will be more than enough for what you have in mind

i have a used zex blackout kit hanging at the shop if interested

Last edited:

sono

Established Member
Holy crap I'm getting excited!
Good to know about it not being a 1 to 1 type thing. So a 50 shot to be on the safe side and I should still get a good bump in power.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, start small with a 50 shot and go from there. Definitely talk to the guys at PBTH.

nxhappy

Established Member
Holy crap I'm getting excited!
Good to know about it not being a 1 to 1 type thing. So a 50 shot to be on the safe side and I should still get a good bump in power.

50 shot will get you at least 75WHP plus a shit load of torque. The Zex kit is a very nice kit. NX also makes a nice kit.

Users who are viewing this thread