NOS on 01 4v??

svt96snake

Established Member
I am new here and I have a few questions for anyone with 01 cobra knowledge. I recently purchased a new 01 cobra motor for my 96. I currently have a 150 hp dry kit on my 96 and the motor popped...not due to the nitrous but due to age....anyways I am curious if the 150 shot is too much for the stock pistons in the 01 4V motor? Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thanks,

Todd

SNK BITN

Established Member
There are plent of 01 4V's running around with the 150 shot. Curious, are you gonna swith to the coil on plug design or are you gonna keep the dual coil packs? Did you buy the motor complete (heads and intake)?

svt96snake

Established Member
I have baught the motor complete as a ford crate motor. It will be the exact as the 01. the computer and all. I have also heard of problems with them detonating. Is this true? I will be hoping for the high 12 range with this set up N/A. with a high 11 on bottle. I know theses motors have more power in them than I have had in the 96. The 99, 01 cobras pull me hard after the 1000 ft. I'm just hoping I will still have the low end the same as before.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Some 01's had a pinging problem. It was not a huge problem from what I've seen. You could check the New Edge forum to see if any of those guyus had/fixed that problem.

The 2001's got a better power band than the 96-98's. They just flat out made more power through the RPM range, including torque at bottom end. The 99+ cobra's big draw back was the inability to launch like the live axle 96-98's. You won't have to worry about IRS wheel hop, so I think you're going to be close to your goal.

Good Luck! :D

Users who are viewing this thread