NOS Hemi vs Lightning

99BOSS

Established Member
Is it me or is that a win light in the Lightning lane?? I know this track, its here in town and it sucks! It goes up hill at the the end and starts off downhill! You cant stage in a manual tranny at all. Oh well. Maybe I'll see this guy around and see if he wants some of the Cobra. Later!

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
The dodge driver said in the tread that he red lighted the dodge, and from the angle the camera is shooting from I had to watch it three times to see which lane won because it was so close. For some reason I don't see the significance of this "lightning kill" if they other guy had to spray and red light to beat the L by a foot. Get back on the short bus dude.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Rainman15
The dodge driver said in the tread that he red lighted the dodge, and from the angle the camera is shooting from I had to watch it three times to see which lane won because it was so close. For some reason I don't see the significance of this "lightning kill" if they other guy had to spray and red light to beat the L by a foot. Get back on the short bus dude.

Okay but notice the surge at the end from the SRT-10. I think the gap would have opened a bit by the end of a 1320. I would like to know the mods on the L though, 150 shot isn't a minor mod.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
Okay but notice the surge at the end from the SRT-10. I think the gap would have opened a bit by the end of a 1320. I would like to know the mods on the L though, 150 shot isn't a minor mod.
I don't think its an srt-10, just a hemi.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah

It's a Hemi not a SRT-10, if it were that gap would have been large.

Squeeler92

It's a 1/8! Reason that it beat all those other cars is cuz those cars arent good at the 1/8....traction problems and such... Fast nonetheless but most likely would have lost to every single one of them in a 1/4....

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
I don't think its an srt-10, just a hemi.

DOH, that's what I kind of meant by wanting to know the mods on the L being it was so close. But being it was just a Hemi makes more sense.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Okay first of all he ran a 8.797 @ 79.09 mph probably when he redlighted, weak, second my stock L ran an 8.8 @78 so remove my hitch and tailgate and I think it would be dead even or if he doesn't red light I win, second I'll bet money it is a 4wd and that would definitly help my L out of the hole, I win again and third some a$% said on the truck site that this is the best bang fOR YOUR BUCK A HEMI, HUH, 4X4 HEMI STANDARD CAB IS 33000 wow isn't that what my L retails for with a supercharger, um again I say Dodge is all looks and no go but you can make a turd fly with enough cash,, man i feel better:fm:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
Okay first of all he ran a 8.797 @ 79.09 mph probably when he redlighted, weak, second my stock L ran an 8.8 @78 so remove my hitch and tailgate and I think it would be dead even or if he doesn't red light I win, second I'll bet money it is a 4wd and that would definitly help my L out of the hole, I win again and third some a$% said on the truck site that this is the best bang fOR YOUR BUCK A HEMI, HUH, 4X4 HEMI STANDARD CAB IS 33000 wow isn't that what my L retails for with a supercharger, um again I say Dodge is all looks and no go but you can make a turd fly with enough cash,, man i feel better:fm:

tell us how you really feel:rolleyes:

HEMI won... big deal:shrug:
Jd

Bruce954

We'll Do It Live!!
Established Member
This reply is for BUFFMUSTANG only...Not directed toward any other lightnings or their owners

As far as weight my truck goes about 5,000 pounds, not sure about the L but Dodges arnt light.

Second...he was not in 4wd

Third....I paid 21,000 for my well equipped hemi.....add 700 for the full nitrous treatment im soon to have and you get $21,700, not $33,000 for a 12 sec truck.

Fourth...Blower kits are on the way

Fifth...My truck is just for hauling my bike which runs 10s...A 12 second bike hauler is not a bad deal.

Feel better now?

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by Bruce954
This reply is for BUFFMUSTANG only...Not directed toward any other lightnings or their owners

As far as weight my truck goes about 5,000 pounds, not sure about the L but Dodges arnt light. "My L weighed in at 4900 lbs."

Second...he was not in 4wd "otay, sure he isn't"

Third....I paid 21,000 for my well equipped hemi.....add 700 for the full nitrous treatment im soon to have and you get $21,700, not $33,000 for a 12 sec truck. "I see cause they give um away, rebates or most likely bought it used, cause previous owner bought a FORD"

Fourth...Blower kits are on the way "good you'll need it"

Fifth...My truck is just for hauling my bike which runs 10s...A 12 second bike hauler is not a bad deal. "bikes are awesome and I agree"

Feel better now?
Yes I do!!!!

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
That Lightning was stock. That was close to my 1/8th mile times when i was stock. A modded L would own that ass!!! No, wait...screw that comment. Just give him some sticky tires and traction bars! And when the "semi" breaks the engine finallycause of the gas....offer to tow him in!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread