Nos Big Shot

Cobrachs

Established Member
I want to get the big Shot kit for my 94, but 150 hp is a little more than what i am looking for. My car has a lot of miles but well cared for. They say you can jet it down, has anybody tried it?

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
The wet kit IS fully adjustable and will jet down to an 18 hp shot which is the minimum.

Consult the tech department/manufacturers of the kit and get thier jetting specs.

Cobrachs

Established Member
I did send an email to holley / nos and was told to go with the dry kit, that it was possible to jet down the big shot, but it would be inaccurate. I wish i had saved the email/response from them. I dont understand what he meant by inaccurate.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I think that means they aren't real sure which jets would equal the desired HP shot. ;) Sometimes you can get a straight answer from the tech line, sometimes they keep you guessing. Let Mike know which size shot you want to go with & we'll see if we can hep on this. :D

Cobrachs

Established Member
I was hoping to start around 100-125 probabley 100. the car is mostly stock and has around 80000+ miles and i dont want to blow it. If i remember correctly the cobra motor came with hyperutectic pistons and i have never tried anything more than the basic 5115 kit on a non forged piston before. Thank You for your help

Cobrachs

Established Member
I was spraying the piss out of a stock 86 with 140,000, But this car is a little more important than my 86 was thats why Iam checkin around first.

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
If you spray a 75 hp wet shot then go with this reccomendation...... 41n & 24f

If you want the 100 hp wet jetting.............
52n & 33f

Later

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Better listen to mikie hes the NOS god....................

Thanks So :rolling:

The Nos god...... I like it , but if he blows his car up then I will just be known as the god*am# idiot with bad info :D

Jus kiddin bud , you aint gonna blow nothin up.

Later

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Sure, why dont you scare him a little bit.................. hehehe I am a bigger fan of supercharging things................

I want both! :idea: :rev: :shocked:

SNK BITN

Established Member
I just hit 80K miles on my 96 today. I spray the hell out of my car and I'm using the 150 shot. If you're thinking of using the 100, it's nice, but you're gonna love the 150shot. I've been using nitrous for almost 20K miles and have not had one problem engine wise. Just triple check the plugs every month and make sure you have enough fuel if you're gonna step over the 100 shot. Good luck with your decision.

SVTCOBRA

SNK BITN-

Do you retard your timing at all? I was looking around and they say to retard the timing a couple degrees and go a step colder for spark plugs. Anything else I need to do? I am guessing you are using the 05115 kit? One more question, do you have the tps harness, or the WOT switch?

TIA

SNK BITN

Established Member
Stock timing and one step colder plugs. Oh yeah, I'm using the WOT switch, which IMO is more reliable than the TPS switch. Basically, you can just buy the kit and slap it on and go. Get the safety stuff and you'll be all set - window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, colder plugs and a bottle guage + heater, and your ready to kill some GM's ;).

Users who are viewing this thread