North East Cobra Association meet at Green Hill Park Worcester 5/17 - Open to all

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Alright guys and gals, here is our official thread for our now 2nd annual meet/cruise/gathering to kick off the 2014 cruising season!

Date: Saturday May 17th

Address: 50 Skyline Dr, Worcester, MA 01605
Time: DUE TO RAIN - START TIME HAS BEEN PUSHED TO 2PM
Cost: $5 pr car - pay day of. This cost is to cover the $100 permit we needed to get access and permission to be at Green Hill park.

The parking area is located on nicely maintained grass, easy entrance for everyone with no worry of scraping. There are bathrooms located behind the zoo within the park near where we are parked.

This is an informal gathering, cruise in for everyone to hang out, check out each others rides and chill. There is no car show and no awards.

Lastly, I have to post this, but please no alcohol, burn outs, excessive speed or aggressive driving in the park. Worcester Parks committee n were very specific about this. We had no issue last year, so I would expect to have none this year.

For those familiar, Green Hill park is pretty big, below is the spot in the Park where our gathering will be:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Green+Hill+Pond+Dam/@42.281731,-71.7821179,347m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x89e40634e1a5f18b:0x565364f38362bb6!2m2!1d-71.7828487!2d42.2817598

This event is open to everyone, not just SVT Cobra owners. There is plenty of parking so the more the merrier!!!

Last year someone was able to convince a local pizza place to deliver to the park. It would be awesome if we could set that up again this year.
I'll also see if the now famous Mooch want's to set up any photo shoots like he did last year and get the thread updated.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and feel free to let me know if there are any questions.
Big thank you to Chris Dufresne ( 03 White snake ) for stepping up, he lives in Worcester and were able to get a discounted rate as a result from the City.

UPDATE

Looks like the weather is going to only affect the first part of the day, therefore Chris and I have made the decision to change the start time until 2pm. Should give plenty of time for the roads to dry out.

Hope everyone can still make it!!

:beer:

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Taken from the other thread, here is the list of attendee's so far:

Attending
1. aarons04cobra
2. 03' White Snake
3. blackedout06
4. SonicBlur2003
5. Jibber
6. howie8124
7. SVT03DAL
8. apex32
9. MassDSGsvt
10. massmustang02
11. Uncle Rico03
12. 99PunisherSVT
13. MTBSully
14. LILBLKSNAKE
15. A.T
16. CobraLov3r
17. MichaelPlummer
18. Chris!
19. rondog622
20. FromGTtoSVT
21. Travis
22. JonBeast

Maybe
1. matt87
2. Mooch29
3. Machbeliever
4. SVT03DAL
5. f2hatch
6. marcoc
7. sdoo500
8. StangSteph
9. 05satingt

matt87

Established Member
def out. got vip tickets to the air show. hope you guys have a great day!

blackedout06

Established Member
I am no longer able to attend, ended up getting invited to a wedding that day. GL with the event and if need be I can still kick in my $5 bucks LMK.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Wish I could go- but with that 10am start time- wont be done with cars and coffee til 11ish (can't leave early, my event).

Looks like a great event - have fun!

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Wish I could go- but with that 10am start time- wont be done with cars and coffee til 11ish (can't leave early, my event).

Looks like a great event - have fun!

Last year we were hanging around until early afternoon, feel free to swing by at any time after your event has wrapped up.
As mentioned, casual gathering, no rules or anything.

I am hoping a certain race car shows up this year again, I want to check out the new set up

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
no word for a rain date, I'd have to go back to the City and see what availability the park has

Thankfully we are over 7 days away...weather can change quite a bit....stay positive people!!!

aarons04cobra

Established Member
no word for a rain date, I'd have to go back to the City and see what availability the park has

Thankfully we are over 7 days away...weather can change quite a bit....stay positive people!!!

I hope so! Its about a 2 hour drive for me, so I deff need clear weather if I'm going to make it. I deff will not take mine out if there is any chance of it raining :(

FromGTtoSVT

Established Member
Can't blame you.......I'll be up early and checking radar and will post up here and on FB if I decide to call the event

My car does not get driven in rain or chance of rain....so I am right there with ya.

matt87

Established Member
as of today looks like saturday is a bust. rain date thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread