noise appearing certain times...

oxw01svt

Established Member
hey guys quick question. when i start my car up and let it idle its perfectly fine but when i put the car into gear and get around 1500 rpms and up theres a ticking/hissing noise that i hear from the pass side front of the car. the ticking/hissing follows the rpms almost exactly. But when im parked and i rev it theres no noise at all. i dunno exactly where its comming from, could it be an exhaust leak? if it was a exhuast leak or a valve would it always make the noise at any rpm? i dunno what to do.

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
mine does to, I put a IAC restictor and it makes a hissing sound. you could check the IAC and the MAF meter:shrug:, make sure no leaks it sounds pretty minor

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
had a something like that. mine was only with a load on the engine and at about 2200 rpms.

i ended up swapping cat backs when i put in my solid axle and the noise went away.
mine also sounded like it was coming from the front passenger side.
the only thing i can think that is was, was a loud baffle or somthing like that in the muffler itself.

oxw01svt

Established Member
i think i might swap out the mid pipe soon. i also just replaced the iac 2 weeks ago but it was making the noise before i replaced it. i just hope that its not anything bad.

Users who are viewing this thread