nobody buying L's these days?

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
probably cause its a 2000... when i bought my first one i wouldnt of bought anything less then an 01... sorry.

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
I just got a new '04 last month. Here it is:

lightning2.jpg

lightning1.jpg

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
the people looking at ebay expect a low ass price.. drop the opening bid to like 100, and set the reserve at 15000, see if you get any bids then.. see how much people are willing to pay then work from there..

tight ass truck billybong, my girl picked up my Sonic Blue 04 last month.. guess its time to change my name..

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
As with anything, everyone is looking for a steal. I had my 94 Cobra on ebay for 7 days with a starting bid of 100.00 and a reserve of 6,000.00. I have over 14k in performance parts reciepts, and it wins most car shows.... the highest bid reached 3400.00. I was like WTF. Don't give the truck away, soon enough the right buyer will come along.

RUNVS?

Established Member
Use your local AutoTrader magazine. At one time I bought and sold cars to suppliment my income and I used the local and the national issues. The cars I sold were always show quality (no junk) and I never skimped on the ads. I always went with the "Jumbo, Run It 'Til It Sells" photo variety. As a result, I never sat on one for more than six weeks.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Go with what NEEDa04L suggested. It will work. I sold my Harley really quick that way and the guy even came and picked it up.

Baby99

Established Member
I buy and sell mustangs using autotrader as well. As long as their clean and competitively priced they move fairly quick.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Ebay....:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

I have had a bit of experience at that.

Most of the people go there expecting "rock-bottom prices" and cheap deals.....half of them don't know the value of what they're bidding on.... the ones who DO know will be the ones to bargain with.

NEEDa04L banged the nail on the head. Don't post your "must sell" price for everyone to see. Post a low opening bid, and set the auction with a reserve price for the minimum you would take on the sale.....that should be your "must sell" price.

I've gotten some good buys on Ebay and I've had some hard-won auctions I've had to snipe. Most of the the good, smart bidders will come in late in the auction and the cheaper, indecisive bidders will "chip away" at other people's prior bids hoping to "one-up" them and come away with a modest buy.

That sucks if you are a seller, because you know what the item is worth and you don't want to take a loss. Good buyers will, too....but as a seller, you have to make sure that both parties come away thinking they got a good deal.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Damn nice Lightning, Ken...... :thumbsup:

I like that hood / rim combination. No pimp stuff, you know the LOOK!

Last edited:

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
damn, Gary... u had one helluva nice/clean lookin' L... what happen to it :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread