No record of ticket

dustymcgee

Established Member
I'll start off by saying that I was pulled over for going 92 in a 65 in SoCal by a CHP officer. He cut me some slack and wrote the ticket as an 85.

This is my first ticket.

I got this ticket on February 12 and it is now May and there is still no record of my ticket in the court system. I checked the LA superior court site, and even called the clerks office for the appropriate court where I got the ticket. Nothing, anywhere. The lady at the clerks office said to keep checking every week and that it'll eventually show up but that was almost a month ago.

My court date is coming up in two weeks. So what should I do? Should I go earlier than the court date on the ticket and ask what's up? I read that I can get some sort of written document excusing me from getting a failing to appear in case if the ticket does show up in the future. Also should I not take the ticket with me to court in case of they try to add the ticket into the system?

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
While it sucks (or maybe not) that the ticket isn't showing up in the court's record system. If it were me, I would definitely show up on the date shown on the ticket, and DEFINITELY take your ticket with you. If they fail to enter it by that date, it may be lost, and you may just get cut a bigger break there.

shurur

Established Member
Yup..and sometimes there is a Leo at the court ready to lower the charges more if you look ready to fight. Take the day off and put up a brave front as they may claim, true or not, that the ticketing cop can't make it to traffic court until the pm.

I apologize, as a non leo, for posting in the donut shop...

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Yup..and sometimes there is a Leo at the court ready to lower the charges more if you look ready to fight. Take the day off and put up a brave front as they may claim, true or not, that the ticketing cop can't make it to traffic court until the pm.

I apologize, as a non leo, for posting in the donut shop...

Posting in here is okay as long as the information posted is helpful to the OP. Only time posting would not be okay is if the OP asked for LEO responses only.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went through something similar. I was given a fix it ticket by an officer. I fixed everything and went to court on my date, but the lady said my ticket wasn't in the system. She said sometimes officers take their time processing tickets and I needed to check monthly to see if it's been processed. I kept up for about 3 months. My grandfather said I need to be careful because if it is processed it could become a warrant. This was 5 or so years ago. I was pulled over for no front plate about a month ago. He ran my license and I didn't end up in hand cuffs.

b_dike

Established Member
I was given a ticket for racing. Showed up to court with a lawyer at the appointed time and date. My name never got called so my lawyer and Leo talked it over with the clerk for a while. Apparently my ticket was lost and I had two options... 1. Use my ticket to charge me, or 2. Walk and hope they don't find it in the system, and issue me a bench warrant.

Long story short, I walked. Six months later I received a running a red light ticket in the mail. Which I recognized was part of the original racing ticket(I failed to make a complete stop while making a right hand turn. Didn't really run a red light). So I figured $98.50 was getting off cheap, so I signed the ticket.

Fast forward another six months, and the insurance company wants to drop me because of this racing ticket on my record. Called the kcmo judicial system only to be told that I plead guilty to the racing charges when I signed the stop light ticket. Even though the stop light ticket made no mention of any racing violation. Very sneaky!!!

Took 5 years to get those charges to fall off my record.

Moral of the story is... In the end they will find a way to get you. Maybe it would've been better just to have given them my ticket and take the punishment, and been done with it.

Hopefully this helps in some way, sorry for the novel.

oldmodman

Established Member
It's been a long time (30 years or longer) but I got a failure to use turn signal ticket and when I attempted to pay it there was no record of it with the court.

I checked back a couple of time and then forgot about it. never heard anything about it. I would have pled guilty and requested traffic school anyway but it never came to that.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I just received a suspension notice in the mail for a ticket I received in 2003. I have not even gone down to the courthouse to see what it was for yet.

I would show up in court as chances are it will somehow be "found" and you will have no chance of pleading your case at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread