No Problem Raceway tonight 11/30

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
So ready to get back to the track with new setup. Just don't have time during the week.

Need to go on the weekends but usually big races going on.

I hear ya, I couldn't make it out yesterday either. State capital is closed on Saturday but have a test-n-tune on Sunday which is the day I fly back to Colorado so I can't make that. No problem is having a midnight madness race on Saturday so I'll see if I can make that one.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I went in the wifes car. Didn't pick up, and was actually a little off the best ever at SCR, although temps were easily 20 degrees cooler. Best Weds was a 13.15 @ 105, and it had gone 13.14 @ 104 at SCR during the day. It was humid Weds night. I should've brought the Shelby just to see what it'd run in high 40's, but......

My brother in law was there with his 2010 whippled camaro and ran 10.56 @ 131. There was also a late model vette(grand sport??) with 1000hp on the plate. 9.45 @ 154. That's fuggin moving.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I went in the wifes car. Didn't pick up, and was actually a little off the best ever at SCR, although temps were easily 20 degrees cooler. Best Weds was a 13.15 @ 105, and it had gone 13.14 @ 104 at SCR during the day. It was humid Weds night. I should've brought the Shelby just to see what it'd run in high 40's, but......

My brother in law was there with his 2010 whippled camaro and ran 10.56 @ 131. There was also a late model vette(grand sport??) with 1000hp on the plate. 9.45 @ 154. That's fuggin moving.

Was it red or silver? There were two of them at SCR today that were supposedly making 1000hp but they were running on low profile drag radials and I never saw them run faster than low 11's.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Damn wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I woulda came out there with ya man. Anybody heading to either one of the tracks anytime soon?

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Damn wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I woulda came out there with ya man. Anybody heading to either one of the tracks anytime soon?

Me too. I was on a time crunch to catch a flight when I went Sunday so I had to make back to back passes. This was my 2nd trip to a drag strip with my car so I'm still learning its quirks. My MPH was way down at 113-115 from my last trip where I was running 119. I did get a personal best of 12.54 with a 1.98 60' though. I've got to get my transmission fixed and a set of rear tires with some sidewall before I go back though.

Sorry for the shaky camera, it wont zoom in or out once it starts recording so my fiancee had it zoomed all the way in to start it.

[youtube_browser]-JokIWgEIpE[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

dynasty_365

Established Member
Nice run. I think the next couple of sundays r test and tune days out there. Whenever u go back hit me up I'll come through. I've yet to go to the track in my 5.0 yet but I want to go before I start modding it next month to see my difference in times

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Was actually supposed to go to SCR yesterday, however my hangover had other plans.

We do need to start another thread for the next tnt when weather is good.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread