NO power to headlights

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
PROBLEM- i am not geting any power to headlights..i checked they with a multimeter and i also double checked them with some bulbs.
CAR- 99 COBRA

the first thing i did is check the fuses inside..
i think it was #10 low beam and #38 high beam
they where both good

then i checked the fuses and relays up in the engine bay..swaped them around and nothing...

after that..i was pretty much puzzled......

keep in mind..i installed some high and low hid 2 days ago..i got to adjust them and they where working fine...but last nite i take off for a cruise and i notice that they dont turn on for sh*t...hi or low..park lamps/fog work...:shrug:

any info would be great...:beer:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
so better english would help give more information for one. Secondly, If you are running an HID kit where did you check for power? You have to check not only the bulb end like normal, but the balast connection and then then harness connection and thats not evenm if your running a stand alone harness. Check all these points first and see where the power loss is

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
i am not getting any power on the car bulb harness(original)..so i dont see why i would have to check the hid balast for power...yea..i guess i first i would of done that..but since i didnt have any juice in the original harness to begin with..that would seem use less..especially since i added the original bulb back and it didnt work.
these hid setup has a stand alone step up..it has a 12v source and ground with it has an additional box..im guessing its a relay or something...

wat makes sense to check would be the headlight switch inside the car..
even tho i do hear the relay clinking when i switch hi/lo beams

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
update-
i check for 12v on pass side bulb socket and it did..
so seems like its only the drivers side that's not getting power...

could the bulb socket be damaged??(looks in good shape)
or maybe a fuseable link that i am missing??
hmm

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
yup..that was it..loose ground...:beer:
thanks..
it funny something you miss the little things..lol:shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread