No power to crank sensor!

lsvtech918

Established Member
I have power everywhere except crank sensor! Pin # 21 & 22 no Power or ground on those two pins. could i jump power from injectors to pin 21 for +side and ground pin 22 For -side? Or thats possibly a bad idea? thinking maybe this is the pats kicking in and doesn't alow power to those pins? any help would be appreciated!

lsvtech918

Established Member
There isn't any power coming off the pins right off the ecu. Checked the wiring and it's all good?? if was Pats issue would that stop the power or does that just kill injectors?

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
The crank sensor is an inductive pickup. It does not have power or ground going to it. What is the problem? crank, no start? If there is a PATS problem the THEFT light will flash with the key on engine off. I am assuming the car you are working on is a new edge cobra?

lsvtech918

Established Member
The car will not start. It will crank and crank just no fire nore injector puls. it's an 01cobra in a 92 notch. i dont have the cluster hooked up for theft light and my scan tool wont connect i think due to the chopped harness i got. the cam sensor should have power running to it right? this car is becoming one big headache

01fordcobra

Established Member
Cluster really isn't going to tell you anything. You have an 01 motor in a 92 notch, so your not going to have the PATS system unless you decided to bring that along too, which i doubt. I take it you have tested the injectors to see that you are for sure not getting any fuel? By chance did you get a bad computer, may still crank just b/c of how the power wires and trigger wires are hooked up to the starter, but may be some cause to your injectors not firing. Injectors should go off your Cam and Crank position sensors, which are no more than a magnetic pickup which counts pulses, much like the way your Tach and Transmission sensor work.

lsvtech918

Established Member
It shouldn't be a bad computer? The car i got it from was a member off here and i saw it running before i he pulled it. so there shouldn't be power to the crank sensor? What about the Grey/red wire that runs to cam sensor? Its on the same circut that the tps and iat are? Damn i hope it's not the computer.. Headache keeps getting worse

lsvtech918

Established Member
the pcm and ccrm has power everywhere it should and all grounds too. There is power to one tide of all injectors and one side of all cops. There isn't any kind of power to the tps, iat, cam, and crank sensors? Question, Scp data bus isn't connected? That cause a problem? i ran my own wires and relay to the fuel pump. So Pin 40 fuel pump input insn't hooked up nore fuel tank pressure transducer pin 62. Hmm, Possibly thats it. It needs those as a ref??

01fordcobra

Established Member
Your wires going to the fuel pump should not stop the engine from firing. Can you do a short video of you rolling over the motor a few times? I'd like to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread