• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

"No one wants to take your guns..."

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Gravik, May 15, 2019.

1. Gravik

Gravik Well-Known Member Established Member

Harris' new proposal "would ban AR-15-style assault weapon imports because they are not 'suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.' Additionally, the Harris proposal would have the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives suspend all assault weapons imports until the agency studies and determines admissibility under the "sporting purpose" test, said the Harris official.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/15/po...05-15T17:34:37&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. FleeMan

FleeMan Its nice when its quiet Established Member

She isn't going to be president. She can keep spewing all the nonsense she wants.

3. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I thought they already banned all "Assualt Weapon" imports.

That's why CIA and others do all the shitty AK builds and conversions.

me32 and thopar like this.
  4. CV355

CV355 I make my own breakfast Established Member

My dream of owning a VSS is gone.

Glad I got some of my wildly evil imports before they got banned and are all secondary market now. Who would have ever thought that a Romanian PSL would be worth $4000?? I think mine is defective though. That Yoda-looking bitch from Broward County has done more collusion than my imported firearm, and the Clintons have a kill list longer than my war relic firearms.

As for imported parts, you have that wonderful 922R compliance BS. Most ATF rulings and firearms laws are unenforcable. What are they going to do, metallurgy tests to see if every component is 922R compliant? Century almost got in trouble over their VEPR12 clone a few years back.

Most of 'em are there to throw the book at people they nailed for something else. For instance, I had parts that were completely legal disassembled, but a felony if I assembled them (until I got my tax stamp(s)). Would the cops bust through my door and arrest me for "constructive intent?" No. But if I got nailed for owning NFA without a tax stamp, they could potentially rack up all sorts of other stupid charges to make an example out of me (for the record, everything I own is legal and I have appropriate tax stamps).

ALso, 41F and every politician that touched it can go to hell.

kino likes this.
  5. Mojo88

Mojo88 "Hammer" Time Established Member

Well, a lot of people on the Left said the same thing about Trump, so caution is needed.

me32 and SHIFTYBUSINESS like this.
  6. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

did I miss the part about having to be adaptable to sporting purposes in the constitution? GFY

I guess I need to get on the ball with buying one, if nothing else before they drive the price up higher.

me32 likes this.
  7. FleeMan

FleeMan Its nice when its quiet Established Member

Very true. I'm leaning more towards they are going with Biden for the nomination. I guess the democrats approach is to fight fire with fire. If only they would accept that theirs' is dwindling more and more everyday and Trump just keeps getting bigger. #Trump2020

me32 and SHIFTYBUSINESS like this.
  8. BRNG ITT

BRNG ITT Well-Known Member Established Member

These fools can’t help but contradict themselves with every syllable of hogwash that dribbles from their mouths;

"I think that this has got to be something that is understood, that we cannot any longer afford to allow people to make this a partisan issue," Harris added. "Those guns, those assault weapons, do not discriminate and determine, 'OK, is the person pointing it at, is it a Democrat or Republican.' "

No shit Sherlock; the mentally unstable person wielding the weapon is making the decisions. But keep making yourself and countless other simpletons feel better by ignoring the actual issue.

9. 97desertCobra

97desertCobra Procharged! Established Member

Id be really surprised if Biden stays the front runner from now to the primary. Pretty much never happens. The other candidates have yet to go after him directly. He has a long history that he is already apologizing for and he is creepy uncle Joe.

Hell I’ll be kind of surprised if he lives long enough to see the primaries. The guy is massively slurring his words and doesn’t have much energy these days. But I can see the DNC fixing the game in his favor like they did Hillary. If that happens we will probably see the radical Dem base stay home like last time. Or vote for a third party candidate like Howard Schultz out of spite.

me32 and FleeMan like this.
  10. Silverstrike

Silverstrike It's to big to move FAST! Established Member

No#1 for how much they want to hem haw and cry, there is no assault weapons period. As guess what a pencil can be one or a spoon, or even a cake knife.

That and the Dems do not or will not look up the true definition of the word Assault rifle. That being select fire or full auto only. Everything else is a semi auto sporter rifle at least when it comes to what the FBI and ATF term them as.

11. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

Someone needs to tell her to go back to being Willie's good, lil' ho and leave Constitutional matters to the big boys.

12. jsd512

jsd512 Wannabe Ghostbuster Established Member

Sincerely speaking, she's not a smart person. She's extremely dangerous. What if Trump loses to Biden in 2020, along with Democrats taking back the Senate? It's a 100 to 1 long-shot, but, what if? That keeps me up at night, figuratively speaking. Honestly, Democrats scare me.

13. OETKB

OETKB is seldom seen Established Member

"Sporting purposes"

Pffftt

I'll take one warship for the boat slip, and two cannons for the front lawn. It was once legal, you know.

My oldest son graduated college Saturday, but is taking two pre-law courses this summer. "American Constitutional Law I, and II."

It'll be interesting to see what his lib campus actually teaches in those two courses.

Revvv likes this.
  14. flash0080

flash0080 Active Member Established Member

If using a 12 round mag in a saiga 12 as part of 922 compliance. Putting the factory 5 round back in makes it illegal. That is one stupid rule. I never will understand how a gun using american made parts somehow makes it legal to add hand grips or whatever else you wanna do with it.

Revvv likes this.
  15. CV355

CV355 I make my own breakfast Established Member

Pointless laws that only serve as annoyances and inconveniences to gun owners.

Who would ever check it? At this point, it's more about tripping companies than consumers.

flash0080 likes this.
  16. SolarYellow

She's from KA, yes? Perhaps she should focus on getting illegally obtained firearms out of the hands of the homeboys roaming the streets of that once decent state.

17. O'Neill

O'Neill Active Member Established Member

Harris said, "Assault weapons are designed to kill a lot of people in a very short period of time". Lol

How much you wanna bet that she thinks an AR fires faster than a GAU-8?

These politician are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

18. SolarYellow

One pull of the trigger and "one thousand bullets" are expelled!

HudsonFalcon likes this.
  19. lexustech48

lexustech48 I <3 Ford Premium Member Established Member

dont forget, it only takes a half a second to do that!

20. Machdup1

Machdup1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I thought they were meant to protect the people from the government run amok.

Revvv likes this.