no more oil blowing out of my kenne bell! finally a solution!!

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Sorry I'm not more up on this technically, but why is the KB blowing oil in the first place?

florida03

Banned
Seems kenne bell has
some issues,oil leaks
cant get the tune right.
whats up. Ive been saving
for this blower before i even
bought the car!Now im thinking
just max out the eaton.Or is there
a better kb in the future.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
kenne bell blower

There are no issues with the kenne bell blower, the oil spray problem has more to do with windage due to the fact these cobra engines spin more rpm's that the other applications that use this blower.(lightnings, older 5.0's ect.) The spray is nothing more that oil being whipped up at high engine speeds(over 13 psi) causing oil to spill out of the breather vent on the snout of the blower. i have installed plenty of these units and have NEVER had any issues at all except for the oil spray. The power is unreal, if there is a local kenne bell distributor near you go ask to take a ride, you will understand then. :beer: I am the distributor for maryland and take people out often to see what i'm talking about! Now with the oil problem solved(which was more of a quirk than an actual problem )i feel they are perfect.

Last edited:

doubleblack

Established Member
Re: tunes....

Originally posted by hpbyhermann
rick and myself have tested and came up with a sweet pump gas tune that lets you run 17 lbs. of boost, pump gas, no boost-a-pump! :beer: makes awesome power.....will dyno soon......

Nice idea, is it like an oil catch can where you have to empty it out every once in a while?

What octane is the 17psi pump gas tune tuned on?

02RedLightning

Established Member
How did you build that oil catch type device? What parts did it take? Or are you going to sell a kit for the rest of us?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
what about the vent mod that Kenne Bell offers for the oil spray problem? Any pics or info?

Users who are viewing this thread