No More Big Bang

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
As technology progresses on, we are going to go further and deeper than ever before. Just like the video showed examples on how things change over the course of time, it will be the same for everything else.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Can you address Rossim22's top two questions?

:pop:

Sure.

1. They shouldn't be brighter. The main energy transport mechanism just below the photosphere is Convection. Because sun spots are primarily magnetic events the strong magnetic fields prevent motion in a plasma (ionized gas). With the primary mechanism for energy transport damped, less energy comes to the surface in that area. Less energy = lower temperatures.

2. There is a difference between Thermal temperature and Kinetic temperature. The surface of last scattering of the sun has a thermal temperature of 5770K. This is temperature how most people think of it. It's actually that "hot" and if you stuck your hand in there you would feel all 5770 K of heat, very briefly, before you died.

The photosphere has a Kinetic temperature in the Millions of K. This value is more of a measure of the average kinetic energy in a SINGLE particle. But it's much much less dense than the surface of the sun. And so while an individual particle has more energy if you stuck your hand into what is essentially a vacuum you may only encounter 1 or 2 particles of that temperature. It would be far more cold than hot, because on average the space is empty, it's only populated by a few fast moving particles.

It's a little confusing at first because humans don't deal with the second form of temperature very often.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I'm a Christian, and even I think that this guy is way off on many of his hypothesis and theories. I'm sure that some of what he is explaining might have a part in filling some holes left in other theories, but all in all he is really reaching.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Watched the whole thing, that was very enlightening...

Why is outside of the sun hotter than the surface of the sun.....I find it interesting that its the reverse on earth. The outside/surface of the earth is cooler, when the inside of the earth is the hottest...hmmm

No no no no no no no!!!!!!

The sun has 3 main areas.

The core of the sun is MUCH hotter than anywhere else. It's 15 million Kelvin.

The surface of last scattering is cooler, it's 5770 K.

The photosphere goes up once again to ~Million K but that's a kinetic temperature vs the other two which are thermal temperatures.

Rossim22

Established Member
You can call the electric universe a theory in the GENERAL sense of the term, but it is a far cry from being a SCIENTIFIC theory.

The cause of gravity is a theory. It's actually just an effect that we've figured out and how it applies to us in terms of force here in our solar system where things appear to be static. In other words.. we've got the math part down. Therefore any other theory you have about the universe is already assuming that your first theory is right.. that it is mass and mass alone being the controlling factor. But then you have to ask why? If mass in it's most simple form.. an atom.. is just charged particles then why wouldn't electricity be playing a bigger role? That could be what gravity is in the first place

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Nah, just one.

Do you truly believe that a comet's tail is actually just ice particles and dust being blown off of its surface?

Edit: I am not arguing and am not blind of what everyone else believes. I am absolutely fascinated by astronomy and know a lot of the mainstream model concerning many different aspects. But through watching and learning countless educational videos I was left with more questions than answers and thought some of their responses were ridiculous. The dark energy and dark matter thing is the worst... completely invented with no observational proof other than their original model NOT working. :bash: Then AFTER all of this I read about the electric model. I understand going against what everyone else believes to be true it'll be hard to convey my thoughts but the electrical model makes a lot of sense, and then truly brings together a theory of everything that ties in quantum mechanics, how life originated, etc.

I am simply putting another theory out there just to have people open their eyes. Not to look at it, take the author's quotes from another subject to discredit this information. We're in such a significantly small portion of the whole timeline that saying we know it all now... is absolutely ludacris. 2,000/14,500,000,000 years is a pretty small fraction. Red shift when being compared to sounds waves moving farther away makes a lot of sense, but what if it's not true? In soooo many models you cannot even get to galaxies full of stars and planets in the amount of time since the proposed big bang.

Which tail? Comets have two.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Thank GOD we have someone who knows what the **** they are talking about now.

No no no no no no no!!!!!!

The sun has 3 main areas.

The core of the sun is MUCH hotter than anywhere else. It's 15 million Kelvin.

The surface of last scattering is cooler, it's 5770 K.

The photosphere goes up once again to ~Million K but that's a kinetic temperature vs the other two which are thermal temperatures.

Rossim22

Established Member
Sure.

1. They shouldn't be brighter. The main energy transport mechanism just below the photosphere is Convection. Because sun spots are primarily magnetic events the strong magnetic fields prevent motion in a plasma (ionized gas). With the primary mechanism for energy transport damped, less energy comes to the surface in that area. Less energy = lower temperatures.

2. There is a difference between Thermal temperature and Kinetic temperature. The surface of last scattering of the sun has a thermal temperature of 5770K. This is temperature how most people think of it. It's actually that "hot" and if you stuck your hand in there you would feel all 5770 K of heat, very briefly, before you died.

The photosphere has a Kinetic temperature in the Millions of K. This value is more of a measure of the average kinetic energy in a SINGLE particle. But it's much much less dense than the surface of the sun. And so while an individual particle has more energy if you stuck your hand into what is essentially a vacuum you may only encounter 1 or 2 particles of that temperature. It would be far more cold than hot, because on average the space is empty, it's only populated by a few fast moving particles.

It's a little confusing at first because humans don't deal with the second form of temperature very often.

I would love to see a website referring the corona to a different form of temperature (not trying to sound like an ass). I simply cannot find anything that says what you just did.

"The high temperatures require energy to be carried from the solar interior to the corona by non-thermal processes, because the second law of thermodynamics prevents heat from flowing directly from the solar photosphere, or surface, at about 5800 K, to the much hotter corona at about 1 to 3 MK (parts of the corona can even reach 10 MK)."

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I would love to see a website referring the corona to a different form of temperature (not trying to sound like an ass). I simply cannot find anything that says what you just did.

"The high temperatures require energy to be carried from the solar interior to the corona by non-thermal processes, because the second law of thermodynamics prevents heat from flowing directly from the solar photosphere, or surface, at about 5800 K, to the much hotter corona at about 1 to 3 MK (parts of the corona can even reach 10 MK)."

Think about it this way. When you heat up water in boils, and steam is released. Now the steam can be hotter than the boiling point of water, given the right pressure conditions. But the water itself is 373K. Now just imagine that instead of being dense steam there is just less of it. It's still hotter than the surface of the water but if you stuck your hand in a stream of less dense steam it wouldn't feel that hot. It's a crude example but it's the best I got. Just realize that conditions in your kitchen aren't the same as the sun.

Kinetic Temperature can be explained on any number of websites. Googling it will surely produce results.

markw351

Established Member
You scared me for minute when i read the title. I thought the Big Bang Theory was being cancelled, love that show. Carry on.

Rossim22

Established Member
Think about it this way. When you heat up water in boils, and steam is released. Now the steam can be hotter than the boiling point of water, given the right pressure conditions. But the water itself is 373K. Now just imagine that instead of being dense steam there is just less of it. It's still hotter than the surface of the water but if you stuck your hand in a stream of less dense steam it wouldn't feel that hot. It's a crude example but it's the best I got. Just realize that conditions in your kitchen aren't the same as the sun.

Kinetic Temperature can be explained on any number of websites. Googling it will surely produce results.

Ok, I understand the concept of kinetic temperature but it doesn't seem to apply where you're saying it does. The thermal readings show the entire corona spanning larger than the sun to be millions of degrees K. I comprehend our current model (obviously not as well or in-depth as you do) but it was created right as we were introduced to nuclear technology so our scientists needed a way of explaining how the sun was expelling so much energy and they ran with it. Here's an animation again showing how strong the influence of electrical currents and magnetic fields are in our own sun and the ejecting of material still remains unanswered. (Notice the energy)

eruption_success_temp.gif

1hot281

Established Member
lhc-facepalm-1.gif

Small wonder why this isn't making waves in the scientific community.

Because this lame pseudoscientific mythology has been around for over a decade... and people in the scientific community learned to write it off once the proponents of the "Electric Universe" couldn't come up with any testable predictions, data, or math, to back up their talk.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The cause of gravity is a theory. It's actually just an effect that we've figured out and how it applies to us in terms of force here in our solar system where things appear to be static. In other words.. we've got the math part down. Therefore any other theory you have about the universe is already assuming that your first theory is right.. that it is mass and mass alone being the controlling factor. But then you have to ask why? If mass in it's most simple form.. an atom.. is just charged particles then why wouldn't electricity be playing a bigger role? That could be what gravity is in the first place

what.jpg

What?

Its not called "The Theory of Gravitivity".

We call it the "Laws of Gravity" for a reason. We can use these laws to do stuff, oh like I dunno, launch an Apollo spacecraft to the moon and use its gravity to slingshot it back to earth. And we were doing this in the 50's and 60's........think if it was a simple theory, wed know by now.

"Gravity; not only is it a good idea, its the law."

tt54l32v

Established Member
what.jpg

What?

We call it the "Laws of Gravity" for a reason. We can use these laws to do stuff, oh like I dunno, launch an Apollo spacecraft to the moon and use its gravity to slingshot it back to earth. And we were doing this in the 50's and 60's........think if it was a simple theory, wed know by now.

You completely missed what he was saying. We know what gravity does and exactly how much force it is. But we dont know why. Or what makes it work. Especially being such a weak force.
There are 2 laws of gravity also. So that should tell you something right there.

7.62x51

Established Member
what.jpg

What?

'Gravity' itself is just a theory, man. There is still quite a bit of mystery around it.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
this is a ****ing joke right???

and +1 to coming in here because I thought the Big Bang Theory was canceled.. glad its not lol

paintless302

Established Member
what.jpg

What?

Stop the presses, real ignorance has appeared. In the sea of bullsh*t that the OP has stirred up, you have managed to shine through as the least educated of all, congrats:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread