No market for lvl 5's?

Teej281

Established Member
Hey guys,
Just an interest check. A friend of mine is selling his level 5's and seems like there is no market for these things anymore. I thought there were some people that were still interested in them, but people keep lowballing him when he just had them rebuilt and are essentially brand new. So is there really no market for level 5 shafts anymore? Even with chromoly inners?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems most just buy the oem replacements.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
after alll the people that have had them break just as easily as the stock ones, most people wont spend the big $ on 5's or them will go SRA. i still run the 5's but they seem to break just as easy. so to answer your question, no, there is not a big market for them anymore, but someone might come along

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
He should hang in there and get what he can imo. I had mine for 2 years and abused the crap out of them.

GodStang

Established Member
The lvl 5s are just not worth the money. I broke mine under 50 miles and 1/2 of a launch. With the stock ones going 9s why would you buy lvl 5s.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I dont know man. I was all set to get them and after my trans issues I have been re-thinkng going SRA. I just dont want the chance of smoking a $1800 part and missing more fun time with broken parts. However I love the ride of the IRS.

Teej281

Established Member
Well ruthless, the irs's main foe is launching with a hard hit like a manual trans launches and also wheel hop. Both you have resolved. So why not keep em?

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I know and my IRS has very mod done to it but the half shafts. I keep hearing its a fight I will never win if i keep upping the power. I am currently talking to a guy that wants my IRS in exchange for a built 8.8.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread