No-judge zone: Who's personally hurting thanks to all this Covid BS?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
When I started here when covid was at its height Home Depot was swamped every day and now that its died down. I spend most my time cleaning and organizing areas. I figured money had to be running out.

C2tuck

Established Member
All in all not much has changed for us this year. My business is directly tied to the price of oil, so thanks to the Saudi’s and their perfectly timed dumb shit move, we ended up taking almost 3 months off, but it was honestly nice to actually be home for more than a week at a time. Got a ton of shit done around the house and hung out with the fam. All my guys did the same. Once we fired back up, it’s been business as usual.

Sure we all took a “pay cut” by being off, but all my guys know how to manage there finances and enjoyed being home as much as I did. They are all happily back working now, as well as a couple new guys.

Financially, it’s still been the best year I’ve had so far and still planning on paying my house off about mid year 2021. Bought a shit load more guns and ammo than I would had I been working.

As far as the social distance bullshit...I guess I was already practicing it. Lol.

I can definitely relate to dealing with stupid. I have no patience for it. Wife is constantly on my ass about it too.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Im expecting a FAT tax break from my state gov considering they arent providing one of the largest, most costly services my taxes are paying for (school).

I wont hold my breath..............

Our 2020 property taxes went up $400. ****ing **** suckers.

EDIT: We cancelled our Jan-Feb family vacation in AZ. I have no idea what our republic will look like after Jan 20, only that its going to be an absolute cluster ****.

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I made more more money than I ever have, but I also worked more hours than I ever have. I had a couple essential projects that had to be completed. My guys got laid off for a few weeks but I only had 4 days off the entire year.
We were going to expand and get another truck and promote a guy but we're holding off at least 6 months.
I also had 2 projects totaling $400k pulled from me due to funding concerns.
My wife had to take a 10% pay cut for 6 months but is back to normal now.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Ironically, covid has turned real estate into a gold mine. I have beat my best year ever nearly 4x over. Made an entire yearly salary from an old job in 6 weeks. There's no sign of things slowing down in this area. Don't think I've slept since last March. Extremely blessed this year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
real estate is insane. A good friend of mine become a realtor back in January and already over 200k in his first year. its nuts.

beau t

Established Member
Amazing to see how many government employees we have on this forum, thanks for your service!
I'm considered essential so have continued to work through all of this ,for the first couple of months hours were cut but we are back to almost full production now. Just happy to still have a job considering what is going on.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Family business here - own operate commercial real estate.
Had to work with some of our mom and pop tenants - rent freeze, rent reductions, deferrals, etc.

But the bigger chains - Popeye’s, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, etc they are doing better than ever with drivethru and grub hub, Uber eats, etc.

Also had two vacancies, one in a strip mall and the other a 1.1 acre site, signed leases for both after numerous inquiries. Strip mall tenant moving in now. ground site, construction starts April 1.

Overall we will end the year flat or down about 10% compared to 2019.
But with new tenants and others getting caught up next year, 2021 rental income will be back ahead of 2019.

Fat Boss

Established Member
It was a hell of a year for me financially. It's better to be lucky than good when you pull all your money out of your 401k and put it in a stable value fund thinking Warren might get elected. Shoved most of it in the market in March and made a bundle. Work is better than ever working from home rather than getting to work at 6am to beat traffic. Met an amazing woman and spend most of my time with her these days at my house on a couple acres, which is a great place to hang out. Only bad things this year are my dog Smokie getting incurable cancer and not being to hang out with the folks who are 84 and high risk.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I just lost my job as a result of having Corona Virus which I'm pretty sure is illegal to do. Luckily I have enough put away in savings to get by for a while as I look for another job. I'm figuring out how to approach this the best way still though, but mostly just trying to get over the virus cause it sucks dick.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
We had such a good year at my side job that the boss gave us one months pay for a Christmas bonus. My regular job is gov so no lost time there. We were working a week on and a week off paid in May and June, but there was no where to go with everything closed.

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I just lost my job as a result of having Corona Virus which I'm pretty sure is illegal to do. Luckily I have enough put away in savings to get by for a while as I look for another job. I'm figuring out how to approach this the best way still though, but mostly just trying to get over the virus cause it sucks dick.

**** them assholes.

tistan

Established Member
When I started here when covid was at its height Home Depot was swamped every day and now that its died down. I spend most my time cleaning and organizing areas. I figured money had to be running out.
Prices of wood more than doubled in that time period too. I suspect that is part of the reason the crowds have died down a bit. I've been wondering how long can those high prices last.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Prices of wood more than doubled in that time period too. I suspect that is part of the reason the crowds have died down a bit. I've been wondering how long can those high prices last.

That’s what we have talked about up there

Keithr

I got laid off in early December with two days notice. My industry won't pick up for a year or so and most larger companies are using this as an opportunity to shift engineering jobs to Asia or India, so my job is permanently lost. But the severance package is very respectable so I won't get worried for a few months.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I got laid off in early December with two days notice. My industry won't pick up for a year or so and most larger companies are using this as an opportunity to shift engineering jobs to Asia or India, so my job is permanently lost. But the severance package is very respectable so I won't get worried for a few months.
That sucks for you guys, sorry to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread