No Chrome Wheels for the early 2003's??

scottgekko

Established Member
I just recieved an email form my dealership that the chrome wheels are on hold until end of july. Has anyone else heard this or have any idea why they would do that? So would that mean that the 1st production run won't have any chromes?
thanks,
scott

sndmixer

Established Member
I got the following from my dealer....

"EMAIL DATED MARCH 27, 2002 7:21 AM

TO ZONE C SVT DEALERS:

I just wanted to give you a heads up because I understand there is a rumor going around that the optional chrome wheel (64V) on the Cobra is delayed. Well, the rumor is true and that wheel is delayed until August 5. If you have any orders in your order bank with that option, it will not pull so please check your orders and adjust them accordingly. We will begin pulling Cobras in 2 weeks.

(NAME OF AUTHOR)
Zone Manager (Zone C)
Ford Division California Region - Southern Office
(714) 939-XXXX"

My dealer also stated that after the "pull" they would start production....

Black Cobra

Established Member
I see an East Coast post and a West Coast post. So what is "Zone C"? The entire United States?

scottgekko

Established Member
I am buying my cobra from a dealership in Michigan...I have no idea what zone that is in or if the wheel ordeal is nation wide

Black Cobra

Established Member
My dealer is in Auburn, Al. So far, there his been no word from him yet. I'll give it a couple of weeks before I give him or SVT a buzz.

Update 04/05/02: Spoke to my dealer today, confirming the Chrome wheel issue. It would be September or later if I kept the chrome wheel option so I had the option removed. If I don't like the polished aluminum wheels I'll either sell them, or have them chromed, or powder coated High Gloss Black.

Last edited:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Today I talked to the salesman who I ordered my '03 Cobra through and he told me about the hold on the Chrome wheel option. He said I might get mine sooner because it'll put me in front of the people who ordered with that option(I did not). He also said most of their orders were with the chrome wheels. the dealership I ordered mine from is in Troy, Michigan(North of Detroit).

Users who are viewing this thread