No 2015 Raptor?

98slowbra

Established Member
Got this email from a dealership in TX stating why the MSRP is listed 10K above MSRP and Special Edition ones will be listed at $15k above MSRP, I asked why the 2014 Blue Flame Raptor was for $68,995 and the response is below.

The reason for the pricing is due to the market adjustment of $10k over MSRP for the standard Raptor and $15k over MSRP for the Special Editions. I'm not sure if you've heard, but this is the last year that they will be producing the Raptor and they are also much more limited in production this year than in previous years. We literally have 1/3 of the allocation that we had last year, and I'm pretty sure what we have now is the last of what we'll be getting.

Let me know I fyou have any further questions or if there's anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,

6445 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77074

Bad Company

Established Member
I had a girl that was texting and driving at the same time. Needless to say my Raptor took a fairly hard hit.

I went to replace it with a RR SE SuperCrew. Talk about sticker shock. I went through roughly 8 or 9 different dealers to find one at a fair price that would take my wrecked truck on a trade at a fair value. I had to go 1100 miles from home to an area where the average household incomes were significantly lower than the Washington DC region. All of the dealers that had a RR SE in stock that I contacted were at least $5K ADM or higher. I was fortunate to find the one I bought for much less, but I had to wait for it to arrive at the dealership as it was still in transit from the factory when I bought it. The dealer I bought from told me that they had 2 other Ford dealers offer them $500 under MRSP for this truck after I agreed to buy it, because they had it listed in their inventory, even though it was on the train. I paid a very small ADM($600) above MRSP, but I got $7500 more on my trade than any other dealer I talked with would give me for my wrecked Raptor. By getting a fair market trade, I no longer had to fight with the girl's insurance company about diminished value of my truck or wait the 6 weeks the body shops told me it would take to repair mine properly, if they didn't find anymore hidden damage after they started the repair, which was questionable at the time of their inspections.

My understanding is if a dealer has allocation left to order a Raptor now they can. But the order banks close for all 2014 1/2 ton pick-up trucks built with a 6.2L engine before the end of May of 2014. So the Raptor will not be built until the end of the 2014 model year. So there will be a very limited supply of them shortly as Raptor inventory is sold in the next 2 months. The demand will go higher once everybody on the street realizes this.........along with the prices in my opinion.

2015 model year there will be no 1/2 ton pick-up truck built with a 6.2L engine. As far as all the dealers I've talked with, all of them said Ford hasn't released any info on a Raptor for 2015. Many don't expect to see a 2015 model, but they're hoping for a revised 2016 model. But it will not have a 6.2L engine and at this time nobody can speculate as to what engine it will have. But the rumor is the 3.7L EcoBoost 365Hp engine. The Raptor as we have come to know it is gone in less than 5 weeks of production.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Paying over MSRP is instant depreciation the moment you drive off the lot. You can get the Raptor under MSRP easily if you are willing to do the leg work. That dealer is on crack. Ford builds 6 Raptors a hour I believe. Not so limited edition as they make it to believe.

Remember, work from the invoice up, not the MSRP down. Also if you have a trade, mention it at the end.

As for the 2015......too early to know.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
Paying over MSRP is instant depreciation the moment you drive off the lot. You can get the Raptor under MSRP easily if you are willing to do the leg work. That dealer is on crack. Ford builds 6 Raptors a hour I believe. Not so limited edition as they make it to believe.

Remember, work from the invoice up, not the MSRP down. Also if you have a trade, mention it at the end.

As for the 2015......too early to know.
You need to try and buy a RR SE and see how fast you can find one under MRSP. Trust me I talked to every dealer in the metro Washington DC area. All that had one wanted $5000 or more ADM. I talked to every dealer that had one listed on the Internet for sale with the options I wanted, now I was set on certain options and this limited my search. But every dealer with a listing on the internet whether it was at MRSP or not wanted an ADM once I cantacted them. Its called supply and demand. Right now there isn't any supply, there will be no additional supply in the near future of this vehicle. If you're not willing to adjust your buying attitude and want a 2014 RR SE Raptor new instead of used in the future,you will not be buying one. I had one dealer willing to sell me a RR SE at $1500 under MSRP with the options I wanted, but his trade in value for my truck was $10K lower than anybody else I talked with, plus he added another deduct of $2500 for diminished value and a bad CarFax after my truck was fixed and ready for resale. So either way you cut it he was getting his ADM. He could put it on the front end or take from the back end of the deal, but he was making more than what I was willing to give him as a profit for his $1500 discount off of MRSP.

As far as 2015 Raptors are concerned, Ford has made the statement that there will absolutely be no 1/2 ton pick up truck built with a 6.2L engine. So the Raptor as you know it now is dead and gone

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
You need to try and buy a RR SE and see how fast you can find one under MRSP.

As far as 2015 Raptors are concerned, Ford has made the statement that there will absolutely be no 1/2 ton pick up truck built with a 6.2L engine. So the Raptor as you know it now is dead and gone

I can buy a Raptor if I want right now for $1k over invoice. Including the 2014 SE. There are people on the Raptor forums who have been easily getting deals under MSRP. My neighbor picked up a blue 2013 Raptor for 6k off MSRP last year.

The Raptor has been so successful for Ford. Each year more Raptors are sold and for the 2014MY Ford increased the production to meet demand. There is no logical reason to drop the Raptor and not have a gen II Raptor; it is very profitable for Ford. Maybe a new engine will be out for the 2016MY? like ford did witht he 2011 mustang gt.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
I can buy a Raptor if I want right now for $1k over invoice. Including the 2014 SE. There are people on the Raptor forums who have been easily getting deals under MSRP. My neighbor picked up a blue 2013 Raptor for 6k off MSRP last year.

The Raptor has been so successful for Ford. Each year more Raptors are sold and for the 2014MY Ford increased the production to meet demand. There is no logical reason to drop the Raptor and not have a gen II Raptor; it is very profitable for Ford. Maybe a new engine will be out for the 2016MY? like ford did witht he 2011 mustang gt.
Yes they are getting deals for Raptors. I happen to read the Raptor Forums and have for years with a different username. The ones that are getting these prices ordered them months ago, not ones that the dealers ordered for inventory and had no customers name assigned to it as a customer order. If I had realized the situation would have changed this fast in the last few months, I would have ordered what I wanted 2 or 3 months ago. I actually considered ordering a RR SE last year when Ford announced it, but felt that with the past sales history of the Raptor that this would force Ford to continue the Raptor into the new 2015 body style with the addition of a gas guzzler tax, because it has been the most successful SVT vehicle to date, with the highest production numbers and demand. It also generates a very high profit margin for Ford and the dealers. The price increases from Ford since the introduction of the Raptor in 4 years has added roughly $10K to the price of the truck. Ford didn't add $10K in upgrades, nor did inflation add $10K. Ford saw the demand and added to their stockholder profits. Ford has decided that the Raptor will not continue with the big V-8 with a gas guzzler tax to appease the Obama administrations CAFE standards for the next model year or the big jump in CAFE requirements for 2016. To have ordered one much earlier in the year also would have been before the realization of the fact that no 2015 F-150 truck is going to be built with a 6.2L V-8 engine after the switch. You can Google the Ford Order Bank for the closing date of the 6.2L engine production in F-150 trucks, if you don't believe me. It is in May, but the date hasn't been set yet. This will I'm sure depend on how many orders come in in the next few weeks. If it fills fast than Ford will cut it off sooner in the month of May. If it fills slowly then you may get a shot at ordering a 6.2L powered F-150 truck on May 31st. But come June 1st, forget it from everything I've researched and Ford has announced publicly. I wasn't looking to replace my present Raptor until it was involved in an accident and the process of trying to get it fixed in the manner that I felt it should have been versus the girl's insurance company ideas of fixing it with used or aftermarket parts came into play and forced me to do the research and purchase I made. Or the fact that they felt that it was nothing more than a standard F-150 pick up truck and that I didn't deserve diminished value for the resale value after the accident history showed up on a CarFax for what is actually a specialty vehicle with limited production numbers.

If you think you can find a 2014 Ruby Red SE Raptor SuperCrew anywhere in the USA in a dealers inventory tomorrow and purchase it for $1000 over Invoice.......Good Luck. Because I spent several days and probably as much as 40 hours trying every listing I could find on the Internet. I bought my truck from a dealer 1112 miles from my home, because he was roughly $7500 cheaper than any of the other dealers I tried to purchase from that had what I wanted in inventory at that moment in time. Of one of those dealers that was located only 25 miles from me with the exact same truck and options sitting in their in showroom the day I bought the other truck. I'll drive 1112 miles each way for a savings of $7500. In fact I made the round trip with fuel stops, motel stop, food stops and and signing of the documents in 50 hours door to door. 2224 miles of hustle in 50 hours.........hmmm $7500 divided by 50 hours = $150 per hour minus the expenses. I wish I could pay myself that for every hour of everyday I work.

98slowbra

Established Member
I am glad I got my 2013 Blue Flame Raptor super crew when I did, I traded my 1998 chrome yellow cobra(76k miles) and my 2007 envoy Denali(80k miles) for this, so I was able to put down $20,000 from my trades on it. With all the added extra stuff I put on it from the dealer like Spray in bed liner, cover, lojak, key replacement, dent repair, extended warranty. I ended up out the door at $65,000 then take the $20,000 off and it was $45,000. I do not miss my cobra or my Deanli. I have not looked back I enjoy this Raptor to much.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting thread.

I received an email from my Ford rep yesterday that reads like this:

"Good Morning Team-

As I’m sure you may know, we have an abundance of retail Raptor orders to fulfill. We have received word from the Region that they are going to try to schedule as many orders as possible this month. If your Raptor order is not picked up this month, it likely will not be. I would recommend that you manage your customers expectations and do not take any additional retail/stock Raptor orders.

Thank you."

Bad Company

Established Member
Interesting thread.

I received an email from my Ford rep yesterday that reads like this:

"Good Morning Team-

As I’m sure you may know, we have an abundance of retail Raptor orders to fulfill. We have received word from the Region that they are going to try to schedule as many orders as possible this month. If your Raptor order is not picked up this month, it likely will not be. I would recommend that you manage your customers expectations and do not take any additional retail/stock Raptor orders.

Thank you."
The email sent to you from your Ford Regional Rep is worse than what I'd researched with the orders ending some time in May. Since this email was sent to your dealership on April 29th, isn't it basically saying that if Ford doesn't confirm the order by today that no further orders will be confirmed and built? So any orders coming in after today more than likely won't be accepted?

I'm glad I did what I did. I was seriously going to wait until I had a better argument about diminished value after the truck was fixed. The girl's insurance company wouldn't accept any estimates/appraisals from any Ford dealer I spoke with on this topic. The insurance company wanted a independent appraisal by a certified specialty vehicle appraiser done after the truck was repaired, before it would even think of talking about diminished value. This would have taken a month or longer to get the truck repaired for appraisal purposes and I can only imagine where the ADMs will be in the next month or so as people realize what is happening now and the limited inventory supply dries up.

The email also confirms what I thought was going to happen. Any dealer with allocation left to order a Raptor is going to lose it in the next day or two

Thank you for confirming what I'd researched and came to the conclusion of myself

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The email sent to you from your Ford Regional Rep is worse than what I'd researched with the orders ending some time in May. Since this email was sent to your dealership on April 29th, isn't it basically saying that if Ford doesn't confirm the order by today that no further orders will be confirmed and built? So any orders coming in after today more than likely won't be accepted?

I'm glad I did what I did. I was seriously going to wait until I had a better argument about diminished value after the truck was fixed. The girl's insurance company wouldn't accept any estimates/appraisals from any Ford dealer I spoke with on this topic. The insurance company wanted a independent appraisal by a certified specialty vehicle appraiser done after the truck was repaired, before it would even think of talking about diminished value. This would have taken a month or longer to get the truck repaired for appraisal purposes and I can only imagine where the ADMs will be in the next month or so as people realize what is happening now and the limited inventory supply dries up.

The email also confirms what I thought was going to happen. Any dealer with allocation left to order a Raptor is going to lose it in the next day or two

Thank you for confirming what I'd researched and came to the conclusion of myself

Correct. All remaining Raptor orders will be scheduled today...so if ANY dealer has one on order that isn't scheduled today and posted tomorrow night, then it WILL NOT get built.

I just got off the phone with a dealer principal in Kansas and he's pissed because he has 4 retail orders in the bank and none of them have been scheduled yet.

Among the downsides to this, imagine being the dealer that must call their customers that have ordered them weeks-months ago only to tell them that their down payment will be refunded and that their Raptor will not be built.

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Buying a Raptor for anything under MSRP is next to impossible right now. The guys getting them for $500 or $1000 over invoice had to order them and most dealers have no allocations left. Any order placed in the last month has the possiblity of not being filled. There are lots of dealers selling at MSRP though. I'd never pay any markup. I've been following the trend closely since late last year in preparation for buying one. I'm in the market right now to purchase and have decided on a low mile 2013 instead of buying new.

There will be no 2015 and there is no guarantee of a 16.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
Correct. All remaining Raptor orders will be scheduled today...so if ANY dealer has one on order that isn't scheduled today and tomorrow night, then it WILL NOT get built.

I just got off the phone with a dealer principal in Kansas and he's pissed because he has 4 retail orders in the bank and none of them have been scheduled yet.

Among the downsides to this, imagine being the dealer that must call their customers that have ordered them weeks-months ago only to tell them that their down payment will be refunded and that there Raptor will not be built.
WOW

That will not be pretty. There are going to be a lot of pissed off people by the end of the week. I can only imagine where the ADMs are going to go in a few days from now, once people start looking at available dealer inventory to replace their lost retail order that they they placed in the last week or so. Holy Crap!!!!

98slowbra

Established Member
Supply and demand. There's a reason why our Raptors hold insane resale values.

I have seen in my area where a used 2013 Raptor with 8k miles at dealership sell for $56921 others are like $61,690 with 7k miles 2013. So you are very correct on that.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I am glad I got my 2013 Blue Flame Raptor super crew when I did, I traded my 1998 chrome yellow cobra(76k miles) and my 2007 envoy Denali(80k miles) for this, so I was able to put down $20,000 from my trades on it. With all the added extra stuff I put on it from the dealer like Spray in bed liner, cover, lojak, key replacement, dent repair, extended warranty. I ended up out the door at $65,000 then take the $20,000 off and it was $45,000. I do not miss my cobra or my Deanli. I have not looked back I enjoy this Raptor to much.
likewise !

there was only one car I was willing to sell my 03 cobra (original owner) for and that is my 13 blueflame scab. I loved that car to death but there is nothing like this truck !! I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. and even more so since my dealer informed me there will be no more raptor, ever. but we shall see

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
likewise !

there was only one car I was willing to sell my 03 cobra (original owner) for and that is my 13 blueflame scab. I loved that car to death but there is nothing like this truck !! I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. and even more so since my dealer informed me there will be no more raptor, ever. but we shall see

Any dealer that uses the words "never" or "always" in the same sentence as a mass produced vehicle..is dumb, IMO. No, Ford does not have plans for a Raptor in the near future, but why wouldn't they develop another one? It was a huge money maker for them and really dominated that market.

98slowbra

Established Member
likewise !

I feel the same way you do, I was the original owner of my 1998 cobra and loved that car. Now I am not looking back at all and I plan on to keep this truck for a very long time. We are in the same boat bud and that is the blue flame boat.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread