NMRA Season Opener - Turbo Coyote Shootout - [video] [Hellion TT vs JPC single]

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Had some success this weekend at the NMRA season opener with our 2014 Mustang GT Hellion Twin turbo. Set a new best and ended up winning the class :banana:

[youtube_browser]WdW6IrXyGc4[/youtube_browser]

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Nice runs! He was coming on strong at the end and you held him off. Congrats!

Converter is way too loose and we were on the rev limiter at the 1000' mark. It doesn't really effect ET but makes the mph seem low. It'll be fixed next time we race it though :)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
When are you going to attempt fastest stock motor (no engine internal work) stock transmission (no transmission internal work) S550 Mustang? I believe your white 5.0 is the fastest stock motor/tranny s197 Mustang :rockon:. Would love to see what you can do with the S550.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
When are you going to attempt fastest stock motor (no engine internal work) stock transmission (no transmission internal work) S550 Mustang? I believe your white 5.0 is the fastest stock motor/tranny s197 Mustang :rockon:. Would love to see what you can do with the S550.

I don't have any plans to buy an S550 any time soon. Maybe if business takes off and I can justify the added expense but for now, I'm enjoying pushing this 2014 to the limits.

OP, you make it looks really easy. Car/set up is amazing. I like how you drive that thing with a glide to work.

The best passes are usually the most boring to watch so thank you for the compliment.

And ya, I love driving it to work the next day after setting a new best :)

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Awesome car man, everyone in that class has my respect. You treed him on that last pass and got the win, both cars are absolutely flying! I can't imagine what it must feel like to drive that thing on the street, do you turn the boost down and have a e85 tune for the street or do you run the e98 and do limited street driving(I assume this but these days you never can tell!)

I love turbos and technology!!!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Awesome car man, everyone in that class has my respect. You treed him on that last pass and got the win, both cars are absolutely flying! I can't imagine what it must feel like to drive that thing on the street, do you turn the boost down and have a e85 tune for the street or do you run the e98 and do limited street driving(I assume this but these days you never can tell!)

I love turbos and technology!!!

Thanks. The TCS class is getting very fast, that's for sure.

I don't daily the car. I have an F250 I daily drive but I enjoy taking it to work after going fast since it's such a far drive and further solidifies my street car claims. Lots of people claim street car but not many at this level can drive 65 miles to work the day after they run a string of 7 second passes.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
When anyone asks my future goals for my 89, it's always a same, coyote + 6R80 + turbo. It's such a powerful yet reliable combo that would be absolutely perfect for my street car demands.

Users who are viewing this thread