NMRA ATCO NJ August 8-10

conleymotorsprt

Established Member
EVENT PREVIEW

Just a few weeks after the Super Bowl of Street Legal Drag Racing, the NMRA will reunite in the Garden State for this 8th annual event. Bringing all the heavy hitters from the east coast, this event is always a crowd pleaser. Atco Bar will be open all weekend for everyone to mingle and have a cold one while they watch some of Ford Drag Racing’s best racers battle it out on the track! As with all of our 2008 NMRA events, there will be two separate drag racing events on Saturday and Sunday. Don’t forget to take some time to check out the Vendor midway, Car Show, Swap Meet and the infamous Burnout Contest! It’s all waiting for you at Atco Raceway!

COME RUN IN THE TRUE STREET CLASS FOR RULES GO TO WWW.NMRADIGITAL.COM. STEVE SALEEN WILL BE THE GRAND MARSHALL OF THE EVENT SO COME ON OUT AND YOU JUST MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET HIM TO AUTOGRAPH YOUR DASH. MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS WILL BE HAVING A HUGE 20TH ANNIVERSERY BASH ON SATURDAY WITH A HUGE PARTS RAFFLE. FIRST 500 READERS TO PROVE THEY’RE MM&FF SUBSCRIBERS WILL RECEIVE A COLLECTABLE ALL METAL 20TH ANNIVERSARY LICENSE PLATE SO DON’T MISS OUT. THEY WILL ALSO BE GIVING PRIZES FOR OLDEST SUBSCRIBER AND THE SUBSCRIBER THAT TRAVELED THE LONGEST TO GET TO THE EVENT.

conleymotorsprt

Established Member
WHY just watch when you can be part of the show your street car can run in True Street. To check out the rules go to www.nmradigital.com I gurantee you will have fun and who know you might win some money and a trophy to take home and be see in the major magazines.

69mach03

Established Member
I wish every race had a stick shift / gear jammer bracket class like the MMFF / Fords at E-town race the first weekend in November. I'll be there, as well as the Ford Fever Classic race at MIR the last weekend in October.

cobrasearching

Established Member
i was there saturday ,man there was some fast cars there,i havent been to atco for years.I think its time to get back into racing again.:thumbsup:Didnt realize how much i missed it.

69mach03

Established Member
Went there yesterday. Left DE at 5:30 -- rolled through the gates a little after 8:00

Unloaded, teched in, poked around at some of the vendor displays, watched maybe 20 minutes of drag racing... then went up for our (B2) bracket time run. Sat in line for a while. As they were running their last pro class for its first round of eliminations, they oiled down the track. As we were waiting some more, the rain started to fall. This was before noon time.. It literally POURED for hours, stopping 3 times. 1) enough for us to run up and get something to eat. 2) for us to load everything back up. 3) to walk up and talk to other racers and NMRA personnel about a refund / raincheck / some kind of compensation. My attitude was, I was admitted into the track, looked around, and watched a little drag racing. It took $20 to be a spectator and that's exactly what I was. Paying $65 to race for the day was a little steep anyhow -- so I was just looking for a $45 refund. The woman at registration has the nerve to say "well, it wasn't raining when you got here, was it?" Ends up they're trying to "reschedule the race". So I guess I have a free rain check and need to plan on making the trip again later this season ($75 in fuel towing and $34.20 in tolls).

I like Atco as a track, but NMRA has always disappointed me as an organization. They are unorganized and very much focused on their pro drivers. They will make all the bracket classes sit around scratching their ass and when it is time for us to run, we'll get hot lapped to death.

For example, the Saturday race was miserable (talking to other U.S. 13 racers that attended). With maybe 3/4 of the bracket cars down the track and some left in the staging lanes, they were called back to the lanes again. Run after run -- hot, with very little down time. And then ends up at the very end (I'm assuming since the car count was low), they mixed together the last few from each bracket class (B1, B2, & B3) for a winner. A friend of mine went down to 5 cars without any payout. And I think they said it took $130 to race both Saturday and Sunday? A little steep for the payout procedures. NMRA just sucks, IMO.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I was there for True Street on Saturday and Super Stang For Sunday....sad that it got rained out. I had a blast and hung with alot of old time racers! Even got to chat with Steve Saleen for awhile and he signed my car and all. Muscle Mustangs guys were great and so were the NMRA guys and the SOEC.org gang for the Saleen crazies were great to talk with too.

Users who are viewing this thread