Nitto NT555 Extreme?

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I have them on my 96; I dig 'em. I really have nothing to compare them to as I've only had the car a coupla months. I have the 255x45x17 Extreme 555's. Real soft compound and the car corners great unless you get a little too happy then she'll come out of the turn sideways which is always fun. I like them a lot and the tread pattern looks great too. FWIW.

Alex

Redsnk95

Established Member
I have the Nitto 555s on the front of my car, and very very happy with them. I have Nitto 555Rs (drag radial) on the back. Both wonderful tires. I've raced on both the 555 and the 555R, pulling good 60ft times with both. One of the best tires out there IMO.

Troy

scjmach1

Established Member
I have the Nitto 555's on my 98 Cobra and they have outlasted the original Comp TA's. I have run them on several open track events. They grab much better than the TA's also. They seem to produce more road noise but I have also done some suspension mods to the car.

Lightning Bob

Established Member
Buy the Nitto's

I also have the Nitto 555s on the front, and the Nitto 555Rs (drag radial) on the back of my 99 Cobra. But, I now seem to have problems keeping half shafts in the car. Otherwise I love them. I also just picked up a set of Nitto drag radials for my new "L", but I'm still waiting for the wheels to come back from chroming, so no results yet.

Lightning Bob

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies..

I was posting this for my Dad.. He has a '00 Saleen S281 SC... he went with the Nittos.. and I am probably going to put them on my '89 5.0..

Later,

TcM-668

I have Nitto Extreme 450s (245x40x16) on my 93 GT conv and Extreme 555s(275x40x17) on my 93 LX and I love them...

The 555s seem to last better than the 450s...I have flogged on both, and the 555s still look like new...

My father as the 555R Drag radials on his blown 89 GT hatch, and they hook hard...just warm them up, and go play...

I would recommend them to anyone...

Don ...

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Buy the Nitto's

Originally posted by Lightning Bob
I also have the Nitto 555s on the front, and the Nitto 555Rs (drag radial) on the back of my 99 Cobra. But, I now seem to have problems keeping half shafts in the car.

Lightning Bob
Could be that wicked S/C on there.........

Users who are viewing this thread