nitrous ....

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
Normally I would just throw a :pop: and let the guys flame. But, you are gonna get a 100 different opinions on this. So you just have to make up your mind and decide if you want to do it right or are you gonna be cheap.

Nitrous can and will blow your car apart if not done correctly. If done correctly and not trying to squeeze every pony out of it the car will hold up.

So the answer is yes, it can be safe but like any other power adder the life of the engine will shorten.

Things to help do it correctly include:
Quality WET nitrous kit, a tune that will pull some timing out, bottle warmer, blow down tube, window switch, purge, colder plugs (TR6), new fuel filter. These are not in order of importance, that is what I have done and feel is a must. If you thought you were gonna get away with a 500 dollar kit and do it right you were mistaken.

Guys on here say they run a 150 shot, but I run a 100 shot to stay safe. Everyone I spoke to stated well I ran a 150 shot for 2 years with no problems but then it finally went. I feel the 100 shot it enough before tearing into the rods and pistons.

Hope this was helpful and sorry for the long post, let me know if you have more questions.:beer:

Last edited:

Cali01Cobra

Established Member
Normally I would just throw a :pop: and let the guys flame. But, you are gonna get a 100 different opinions on this. So you just have to make up your mind and decide if you want to do it right or are you gonna be cheap.

Nitrous can and will blow your car apart if not done correctly. If done correctly and not trying to squeeze every pony out of it the car will hold up.

So the answer is yes, it can be safe but like any other power adder the life of the engine will shorten.

Things to help do it correctly include:
Quality WET nitrous kit, a tune that will pull some timing out, bottle warmer, blow down tube, window switch, purge, colder plugs (TR6), new fuel filter. These are not in order of importance, that is what I have done and feel is a must. If you thought you were gonna get away with a 500 dollar kit and do it right you were mistaken.

Guys on here say they run a 150 shot, but I run a 100 shot to stay safe. Everyone I spoke to stated well I ran a 150 shot for 2 years with no problems but then it finally went. I feel the 100 shot it enough before tearing into the rods and pistons.

Hope this was helpful and sorry for the long post, let me know if you have more questions.:beer:
thanks this was really helpful. how much do you think it will all cost at the end ?

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You're looking to close to $1,000 for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread