nitrous questions

1quick

Established Member
I have had quite a few blower and turbo cars but never sprayed a car before, I have very basic mods just off road H pipe, jlt, gt500 mufflers, 2 relay trans brake, and lund tune , my car is a 2014 auto, I would like to spray a 150 shot on it, will I need a fuel pump or bap with 93 on a 150, can you mix in some 110 when you want to spray without messing up the 02 sensors right away, when you spray an auto car do you just stab it right at the line and and spray from there through all the shifts or is it better to run a window switch even with an auto, what else would i need, plugs what basic suspension stuff would be considered the needed stuff to hook an a 150, i have dark stars with et street pro's for track tires, thanks for your help

Redline8k

Established Member
I'm going to have a similar setup and I live in Illinois. Ive heard and read several different options on the BAP, personally I would run one just to be on the safe side. As for suspension, I'm going to run with everything BMR. upper and lower rear control arms, control arm brace, control arm relows, springs, double adjustable rear and single adjustable front shocks. etc. I figure thats one of the most important things so why skimp.
where do you live? I'm part of Chicagoland mustang club, you should check us out if you haven't already. I'll pm you the forum address.

4VFTW

Established Member
will I need a fuel pump or bap with 93 on a 150, No can you mix in some 110 when you want to spray without messing up the 02 sensors right away,Better off running 50/50 or better mix of 100pump when you spray an auto car do you just stab it right at the line and and spray from there through all the shiftsYes or is it better to run a window switch even with an autoNot needed, what else would i need, plugsYes what basic suspension stuff would be considered the needed stuff to hook an a 150,None, you can pull 1.3x 60's on stock suspension with a good DR i have dark stars with et street pro's for track tires, thanks for your help

See Red text

1quick

Established Member
I'm going to have a similar setup and I live in Illinois. Ive heard and read several different options on the BAP, personally I would run one just to be on the safe side. As for suspension, I'm going to run with everything BMR. upper and lower rear control arms, control arm brace, control arm relows, springs, double adjustable rear and single adjustable front shocks. etc. I figure thats one of the most important things so why skimp.
where do you live? I'm part of Chicagoland mustang club, you should check us out if you haven't already. I'll pm you the forum address.

I am from a little south of joliet, I mostly stick to thechicagogarage.com but not apposed to looking at other forums, thanks for your help

NitrousExpress

Established Member
I have had quite a few blower and turbo cars but never sprayed a car before, I have very basic mods just off road H pipe, jlt, gt500 mufflers, 2 relay trans brake, and lund tune , my car is a 2014 auto, I would like to spray a 150 shot on it, will I need a fuel pump or bap with 93 on a 150, can you mix in some 110 when you want to spray without messing up the 02 sensors right away, when you spray an auto car do you just stab it right at the line and and spray from there through all the shifts or is it better to run a window switch even with an auto, what else would i need, plugs what basic suspension stuff would be considered the needed stuff to hook an a 150, i have dark stars with et street pro's for track tires, thanks for your help

We recommend running a window switch regardless of auto or manual, well worth the small amount of money to potentially save your motor. With a good tune, some plugs and some sticky tires, you'll be ready to rock on 150. You shouldn't need a BAP unless you are running e85. No problem spraying out of the hole on nitrous if you can hook it. Let me know if you come up with anymore questions!!

Thanks,
Garrett

DTL

Established Member
4VFTW pretty much covered it. The only thing I would add is, if you're using some manner of WOT switch to activate the N2O, you'll need to make sure it's not activating the nitrous while you're on the trans brake. There are a couple relay diagrams floating around the internet (check yellowbullet) that show you how to use a second relay, with your transbrake, to interrupt the nitrous while on the brake.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
What would be the point of a trans brake on a nitrous car? Say you have a 3500 stall converter, couldn't you just use a WOT switch and set your window switch to 3300rpm then mat it on the last yellow?

dennisn

Established Member
What would be the point of a trans brake on a nitrous car? Say you have a 3500 stall converter, couldn't you just use a WOT switch and set your window switch to 3300rpm then mat it on the last yellow?

If you have a 2 step, Pedals mashed to the floor let's say holding at 3600, if your using a wot it will activate the nos. same goes have window switch below that rpm.. As easy as it is to wire up and at under $10 in cost why wouldn't you.

RiskyRick

Established Member

I think you're a little fuzzy on trans brakes and torque converters....

dennisn

Established Member
Its under here, column all the way to the right third one down.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/instructions.html

Thanks,
Garrett

just a note you don't necessarily have to use a 60 amp relay. your running less than an amp through it to energize the nos relay. not sure on the cost of said relay but any standard 12v spdt relay will work. also depending on how your activating your transbrake if your using a ground instead of 12v to trigger transbrake relays you'll need to use 12v instead of ground in the illustration to trigger the interrupt relay.

RiskyRick

Established Member
Well then enlighten me. The way I see it, I can spray the motor safely over 3000rpm out of the hole with higher stall converter and a window switch.

The enlightening is that a converter is not an on/off light switch, and foot braking can work but trans brake will hit the tires harder. All there is to it really.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The enlightening is that a converter is not an on/off light switch, and foot braking can work but trans brake will hit the tires harder. All there is to it really.

i get that it's not an on off switch and it will actually stall higher than advertised on spray. It just seems like you would be creating more room for error by wiring in a 2step and tbrake to your kit when guys are cutting really good 60's with just a converter.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
If you have a 2 step, Pedals mashed to the floor let's say holding at 3600, if your using a wot it will activate the nos. same goes have window switch below that rpm.. As easy as it is to wire up and at under $10 in cost why wouldn't you.

I must have skipped over this post.

RiskyRick

Established Member
i get that it's not an on off switch and it will actually stall higher than advertised on spray. It just seems like you would be creating more room for error by wiring in a 2step and tbrake to your kit when guys are cutting really good 60's with just a converter.

That's not what I meant on stall speed, but that is also correct.

I get what you're trying to say on the rest, but it's just the opposite- t brake and 2-step is much more consistent than foot braking. Takes more of the human element out of the equation. Plus, "really good" always leaves room for improvement. The way it launches is just simply different than foot braking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread