Nitrous Question

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I am going to the track this Sunday and was wanting to hook up my nitrous kit. I have been told I can run it with my 39lb injectors if I spray a wet shot and to pull 4 degrees of timing to spray a 100 shot. Is this true and if so will I be safe enough to do this? Mods are in sig.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I am going to the track this Sunday and was wanting to hook up my nitrous kit. I have been told I can run it with my 39lb injectors if I spray a wet shot and to pull 4 degrees of timing to spray a 100 shot. Is this true and if so will I be safe enough to do this? Mods are in sig.

So your going to hit your car with a 100shot on 39lb injectors while running other mods... and just going to pull the degrees of timing because somebody told you to? Put the thing on the dyno...

whipplecharged0

Established Member
So your going to hit your car with a 100shot on 39lb injectors while running other mods... and just going to pull the degrees of timing because somebody told you to? Put the thing on the dyno...

Look I know absolutely nothing about tuning and that is why I posted this question here so I would find out a true answer.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Wet? I assume.

What was your FPDC before?? That'll answer your question right there. If you dont know, I WOULD NOT just 'throw' ANY shot of nitrous on w/o checking.

:beer:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Fuel Pump Duty Cycle

I STRONGLY recommend having your nitrous dyno-tuned.

I have 60lb. injectors and a Boost-a-pump (BAP) and am at 88% with a POSI port and 50shot.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Look I know absolutely nothing about tuning and that is why I posted this question here so I would find out a true answer.

Its cool man I am just trying to save you the headache of a new motor. But definetly see a tuner and get everything dialed in before you run it... I would not be surprised to see those injectors maxed out either... even if it is a wet shot.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Thanks guys I appreciate the advise. I won't be running the nitrous. Not going to take the chance with what y'all have said. I swapped to many motors in my old GT and that's not fun to me

Users who are viewing this thread