Nitrous people, need your opinions here...

D-Cobra

Established Member
so currently i have the Apten and a 2.80 pulley. i'm running 23 degrees of timinig and the air/fuel is @12.
i dyno at 467 rwhp and 476 torque. the weather and humidity killed my power.

i'm thinking of running a small dry shot through the MAF, do y'all think it's safe? if so, how many shot would be safe?

Last edited:

Jay03GT

Established Member
I run a 50 shot, through the MAF. Just check your A/F, may have to take a bit of timing out of it. I'm running it on a out of the box Superchips 1724 flasher. Took me from 442/448 to 500/508. I hear ya on the heat/humidity, it's a killer down here right now. I may have talked to you one night up at the car show at hooters on lake underhill. Was that you?

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Jay03GT
I run a 50 shot, through the MAF. Just check your A/F, may have to take a bit of timing out of it. I'm running it on a out of the box Superchips 1724 flasher. Took me from 442/448 to 500/508. I hear ya on the heat/humidity, it's a killer down here right now. I may have talked to you one night up at the car show at hooters on lake underhill. Was that you?

yea. it's me. how you doing? actually you're the one that puts the NO2 ideal in my head. :beer:

i went back the other day and got a more agressive tune, therefore the car now has more grunt before 3K rpm. i still have the old conservative tune on the chip, maybe i'll run the nitrous off of the that.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
Anything uder a 40jet should be safe,before MAF.

Timing shouldnt need to be changed,the Nitrous acts as a cooler and actually lowers temps so it is less likely to Dent.
Go with a 35 jet and see how it feels!!!!!!!!!!!!Youll love it!!!!!

Boosted 03

Established Member
I would like to meet you two from Orlando. I've seen a mustang gathering at the hooters off of 408 but I was on my way somewhere.:thumbsup:

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Boosted 03
I would like to meet you two from Orlando. I've seen a mustang gathering at the hooters off of 408 but I was on my way somewhere.:thumbsup:

yea that's cool. you're more than welcome to meet up with us.

as a matter of fact, tonight from 6pm -9pm, our club is meeting up with MFMC today at Howell Branch and 436, right at the publix shopper plaza parking lot. feel free to stop by. :beer:

Boosted 03

Established Member
That sounds great, I guess I'll go out and put my car back together. It would be hard to drive without any seats carpet or center console.:-D

Jay03GT

Established Member
Originally posted by D-Cobra
yea. it's me. how you doing? actually you're the one that puts the NO2 ideal in my head. :beer:

i went back the other day and got a more agressive tune, therefore the car now has more grunt before 3K rpm. i still have the old conservative tune on the chip, maybe i'll run the nitrous off of the that.

Doing good man. I run a 35 jet in mine, no problems. I might be selling my nitrous kit in a few weeks. You interested if I do? Maybe I'll see you at a future show again.:beer:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I ran 23 degrees in my tune when I had the chip and sprayed a .041 jet before the maf at the base of the filter aprox 75 shot, but I had the nozzle pointed/spraying towards the front of the filter so it was sucking it back in and not a direct hit on the wire. The a/f only increased about a 1/2 point. My #'s are in my sig.

Im upping the jet to a .047 or .050 jet here soon, I have a BAP also and stock injectors. I also have a predator now with a wideband and custom tune with about 22 degrees in it that I have tuned very good at 11.7-12.1:1 threw on a 4th gear pull on the blower, I will just add some fuel to this tune for my 90 shot and pull a bit of timing and I will have a killer safe n20 tune.

I would run a nice mix of racegas/pump to equal at least 100 octane or so. anytime your mixing two power adders, I do and havent had any problems yet. NGK TR6's gapped at .035

here is my dynograph, notice how the n20 comes in, its not a huge spike but a slow graph, I like it this way and contribute it to the nozzle posistion.

blowern20_SAE.jpg

Last edited:

MTI LS1

I have also been thinking about running a small dry shot, just for those special occasions. Did most of you have the car re-tuned after nitrous.

I have a custom SCT tune right now. Could I just add fuel and pull some timing to make it safe. I really only want to run a 35 or 50, but need it to be safe. The car is daily driven so I don't need any accidents.

D-Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Jay03GT
Doing good man. I run a 35 jet in mine, no problems. I might be selling my nitrous kit in a few weeks. You interested if I do? Maybe I'll see you at a future show again.:beer:

so why are you selling the kit? it is a good mod for the car.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
If your car is safe the way it sets you would be OK with a small shot, plenty of people do it this way and have no problem.

Swervedriver

Established Member
I'm running the canned R12 tune (not for long) that shows 19° timing on all of my logs. I'm spraying through a .042" jet with an Edelbrock dry kit after the MAF. Trapped 98 in the 1/8th Friday night with the BAP set to 25%.

Next will be the SCT flasher package, 22° timing, and .047" jet, then ultimately the .052". Timing will probably drop back to 20 or 21° by then.

Scott02GT

Established Member
If your going to run nitrous guys, and you don't want to ruin your dash with holes for the switches, you might want to check out my panels. Mods, I am not tryin to spam, if I am breaking any rules, I will understand if you delete this post, I am just trying to help out.
they come ready to plug and play and all parts are laser machined

check the out at www.oceanemblems .com click on the automotive panels.

Users who are viewing this thread