nitrous outet fuel line help

125oh

Established Member
My car has been sitting for months now but yesterday i decided to go down and clean engine up some . I was looking at my nitrous outlet fuel line that comes off the rail into the plate and it seems way to long . Im not sure why i didnt notice before but i dont think anything good can come out of having it this long.It is around 18 inches long (it has so much extra length it has to coil ) i took it off and took a measurment i only need 12 inches . i can only imagine that it just delays the fuel that much more which is no good . You guys with nitrous kits what do you think?

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Scott,

I agree that longer lines will delay the fuel flow to the solenoids. I had all of my nitrous lines (including the purge line), made to the exact lengths that I needed.

125oh

Established Member
yeah im gonna call them and order a shorter one, i was just wondering if anyone one else that bought the kit had the same problem .

Are you going to any cruises or shows this season ?

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I used an old shop extension cord that I had lying around to determine the length of nitrous and fuel line that I needed.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
yeah im gonna call them and order a shorter one, i was just wondering if anyone one else that bought the kit had the same problem .

Are you going to any cruises or shows this season ?

I wouldn't mind doing a couple of cruises or shows. I will be pulling the rear end out of the car as soon as it warms up, so that I can install a spherical bushing in the differential housing. While I'm at it, I am going to do the sway bar relocate kit to get ready for the bigs and littles whenever they come in.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
I just did the sway bar relo to get ready for welds pretty easy

That's good to know. I'm not looking forward to pulling the rear end, but I think it will be easier to install the differential bushing...not gonna try and fight the removal and installation of that bushing with the rear in place.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I don't have the Nitrous Outlet kit, but I don't think you have a problem unless you are talking about the line that goes from the solenoid to the plate. You are going to have pressure at your fuel solenoid as soon as you start the car. The only thing that would cause a delay would be a longer line between the solenoid and the plate. I have heard of guys doing that with the N20 side to compensate.

CorDog009

Established Member
I don't have the Nitrous Outlet kit, but I don't think you have a problem unless you are talking about the line that goes from the solenoid to the plate. You are going to have pressure at your fuel solenoid as soon as you start the car. The only thing that would cause a delay would be a longer line between the solenoid and the plate. I have heard of guys doing that with the N20 side to compensate.

Same thing I was thinking. Pressure is going to be at the solenoid regardless of length. Solenoid to plate is a different animal. The rail adapter to solenoid length would just be an appearance factor IMO.

cbrtrx

Established Member

This is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread