torque.it seem the kenne-bell does not increase the torque
that much.the torque is what gets these heavy _ss cars
moving so well!!!!!!!!!
opinions please
thanks tony

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I would say kenne bell all the way. At 17psi I have plenty of torque and it hits hard and early. I have so much torque 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless at anything but partial throttle.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I agree with shadow. The KB should give you all the power you can handle on street tires or drag radials. If you really want to run NOS why don't you do both? Use the KB to get you around 600rwhp/600rwtq and then run a 30 to 75 shot or something?

cobrabull

Established Member
who's making 600rwtq??????????
i want to go 130+ in the 1/4 mile.the kenne-bell
has me alittle leary with all the tuning differences.
bap no bap,55lb injectors no 55lb injectors,to rich to
lean.i have not seen any run high mph.i'm not bashing
i just don't get it.no belt slip with nos!!!!!!!

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Not to sound difficult but don't you think that you should consider how you are going to get the horsepower you have to the ground? If you are running in South Florida, I assume at near sea level and with that trap speed, I would also assume you could easily run low 11's perhaps even a 10 with good traction. NOS or a KB is only going to make that worst. I'm perplexed why some go with mods that like Shadowgray says "so much torque 1st and 2nd gear are pretty much useless at anything but partial throttle." That really says it all. Why do any more horsepower mods when there is bigger issue that should be addressed?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
cobrabull - there are plenty of people making over 600rwhp. Here's one, 610rwhp/602rwtq http://www.strictlypro.com/dyno video/bayway 03 cobra.htm

Hammer is making 617rwhp @17psi with pump gas. And someone made 623rwhp with 19psi on pump, but I forgot who that was.

But, yes there has been some trouble with tuning. But according to modularfords, they might have it all figured out. Check it out:http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3619

Just check out the sig's of the people running the KB, all of them are over 550rwhp and most have 600rwhp.

Last edited:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
not only does kenne bells chip work but diablo now has it working and so does fordchip. Both with stock as well as larger injectors.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd go woth the KB for sure. Its a no brainer. The good thing about the KB is that it is constant and there is no refill required. I would think that it is safer than the NOS also. Im ordering my KB this week I cant wait anymore. I need more power!! Black03

cobrabull

Established Member
i didn't think they made that much torque.i stand corrected!!!!!!
what about racerat and coleman whats up with their numbers. .i still don't want to spend 4g's plus and not go 130.just 500 bucks and i easily gain as much hp and more torque.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by cobrabull
i didn't think they made that much torque.i stand corrected!!!!!!
what about racerat and coleman whats up with their numbers. .i still don't want to spend 4g's plus and not go 130.just 500 bucks and i easily gain as much hp and more torque.

Can't speak for Coleman, but most of my problem is driving. I really don't see my vert trapping at 130 on 17lbs of boost anyway when my race weight is more than 4000lbs.
I'm having a hard time launching 530tq....good luck with 600.
With that said, there are KB'd coupes with 17lbs trapping 126+

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I say N20 and spray 3 & 4th gear. Thats what I would do if I did it all over. I will do that when I get the Works blower though! I just wish I did it sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread