Nitrous Install?????

ShouenGT500

I have a 2021 GT500 and was wondering what would be a good nitrous set up? I’m ok with the power it has on a day to day however I would like to dial in a little extra when needed. I’m new to the forum and can’t seem to find many people using nitrous with this vehicle

q6543

Established Member
Oh I like where this thread is going.

Are you talking like a baby 50 shot to cool the charge and give it a little kick??
Or 200 plus?

Probably you'll have to reach out to your tuner, or lethal or PBD or PBH.

ShouenGT500

Oh I like where this thread is going.

Are you talking like a baby 50 shot to cool the charge and give it a little kick??
Or 200 plus?

Probably you'll have to reach out to your tuner, or lethal or PBD or PBH.
I’m thinking 100-150. I don’t know much about it so I’m looking for suggestions

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
For the love of God please don't spray. Pulley, tune, e85 with supporting mods. You don't see many guys running nitrous on these cars for a reason.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Can't help but think of the YouTube tool.

Seems to be a reason. Palm Beach seems to be the people to talk to, or talk you out of it.

ShouenGT500

For the love of God please don't spray. Pulley, tune, e85 with supporting mods. You don't see many guys running nitrous on these cars for a reason.
I get that…I was only thinking spray because I didn’t necessarily need the additional power all the time. This is why I just wanted to ask. I did find it odd that people with these vehicles don’t spray

99BOSS

Established Member
I concur with 93 347. Why use nitrous? Just add a pulley, tune and/or setup for E85. You'll have that extra kick when you want it. Tuning for compound power adders is tricky and you're at the mercy of however good your tuner is. Adding more boost to the stock setup is much easier to tune for.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
This sounds fun....aluminum shrapnel everywhere. Nothing like spending $25K for a rebuild. Or, whatever it costs to rebuild.

Tom

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats not a good idea. Nitrous blows shit up and very difficult to tune to and hits hard and breaks shit. There is a reason the whole wolrd choses Turbo's over Nitrous these days.

Look at Street outlaws for example. The first season had half the cars nitrous. The last season has 1.

Nitrous is cheap to buy and expensive to fix. Every single friend of mine that races ditched their nitrous setup years ago. They all run Turbo's now.

U have a 9 second combo in stock form essentially with bolt-ons and a tune.

Papaw

Established Member
I think nitrous has a lot going for it. Super cooling the intake charge is one, heat is a real problem with supercharged cars. You don't need to buy a larger set of injectors which saves money. Easy install and removal.
A 50 or 100 hp shot should be safe even on the stock block.
I'd like to hear from people who have actually run nitrous to get their opinions on it. Nitrous has been a safe and effective way to add horsepower for many decades.
It just can't be: Add nitrous = blow up engine.

Stangra

Established Member
ThinIce.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I get that…I was only thinking spray because I didn’t necessarily need the additional power all the time. This is why I just wanted to ask. I did find it odd that people with these vehicles don’t spray

with more boost just don't put your foot so far in it. Swapping to E85 isn't quite as easy as opening a nitrous bottle but still not a bad option. I think nitrous has falled out favor as options for boost have gotten so much better. Nitrous you still have deal with bottle pressure, possibility of a solenoid sticking etc...

I haven't priced it but didn't the $/lb go waaaaaaay up compared to where it used to be? I know for a while guys couldn't even find places to refill their bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread