Nitrous guys please help; What is the best kit for our 03's?

Griffin

Established Member
After doing a search and redaing as much as I can I really can't determine what no2 kit is best for our car. It looks like the dry kit is the favorite, but there is no real front runner as to what kit I should get.

I would really appreciate some insight:shrug:

Thanks....:beer:

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
im no expert but most people say stay away from the dry kit......N/X is the best kits out there and they dont even make a dry system as broke7 brought that up.....i just got a 50 wet shot from nitrous express

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
I got a dry kit from Edelbrock..its specific for the 03 Cobras..I have a 100 shot on my Kenne Bell...I always heard not to use a wet kit??

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
It all depends on what you want to use it for :

Small shot- if you want to run a small shot the dry shot before the maf is the way to go it will cool the supercharger and make a significant gain and the computer will compensate with extra fuel I would recommend this setup for up to a 75 shot but no more.

Medium shot- if you want to run somehting between 75 and 150 shot then a wet shot before the blower would be a good idea many people are running this with great success.

Now both of those systems are easy to plumb and install they should each have an window switch and wot switch at minimum for the safety of your car. If you run a wet shot I would also recommend getting a fuel pressure safety switch so if youre fuel pressure drops it will cut off the nitrous.

Now for what I"m going to run the Big Shot -

I am running a direct port system basically the nitrous is injected right with where the fuel injectors spray. The nozzles go under the injectors. This setup for me is good for up to 400 hp and more than I'll ever need. The insallation requires removal of all of the injectors the fuel rails and then you have to modify the fuel rail to make it clear the plenum which when I do I will get pics and do a write up for ya'll.

Those are your options and dont skimp on a nitrous kit get one that has more options so you dont have any problems any more questions just ask.

Marc

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
LTHL PSI<<<can you email me some pics of your car?i love those wheels

Users who are viewing this thread