Nitrous Fuel?

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
Paul @ PaulsHP told me different.

Would I be ok spraying 100 wet shot through a plate that goes between the TB and blower?

stuntstere

Established Member

Would I be ok spraying 100 wet shot through a plate that goes between the TB and blower?

Not without pulling timing. If you wanna stay pump gas I would probably shoot a 50-75 shot and pull timing accordingly. These motors pick up a lot of power and torque on just a little ol 50 shot.

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
Can you pull timing with the SCT hand held tuner?

Im sorry for all the questions, this is my first nitrous car. Ive done couple nitrous bikes and theres ECU EDITOR where we can do most of the stuff through the factory computer, no need for additional boxes or modules, everything i can do through the computer...

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member

Im sorry for all the questions, this is my first nitrous car. Ive done couple nitrous bikes and theres ECU EDITOR where we can do most of the stuff through the factory computer, no need for additional boxes or modules, everything i can do through the computer...

Yes you can use a handheld to pull timing. It is in the options menu, but you still have to do a full tune download (aka same tune).

I add some Torco when I spray, just to be safe but still pull the full amount of timing out for pump gas (91)

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

Yes sir. We use and sell a lot of the NX plate kit systems. I spray mine weekly and I run pump.

You can but it's better to have it tuned. Theirs more to it then just pulling the global spark on the device. You want safe, have a tuner set you up.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Lots use torco with 93. Race gas is popular too. I chose E85 which will allow full timing on the same fuel I use every day. All I'll have to do is change the tune and go. No messing with draining tanks or mixing ratios. I have an onboard E85 gauge which will tell me the ethanol ratio which will allow me to make changes if necessary for fuel inconsistencies.

Last edited:

GixxerThou_SVT

Established Member
I will be going with E85. Ive touched base with a member who made the #s I want to make, and have figured out the route to go.

Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread