Nitrous an '99 SVT Contour

mambaman

Established Member
because of the times you guys are getting, i can't help but think about putting some sort of nitrous into a '99 Contour SVT. my primary question is this:how hard is it on the car?i've heard about a 60 shot is good, but i want to know if the engine can stand up to this long term (with infrequent use).also, can anyone recommend some online sites that sell good nos systems, and finally, i don't have the mechanical skill to install this, can anyone guess as to how much install would be ( i don't need an exact number or anything, but are we talkin $200, $400, $600?).i've also heard of some problems with the O2 sensors. any info?also, i've looked around, and the zex it looks promising. do they make a kit specifically for the contour, or will the mustang kit work?thanks

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The Zex kit for the 99+ Mustang will work. It may require a slight bit of modding for the lines. I'm positive Zex can handle any questions about their kit you might have. Give them a shout and see what they have to say. I like the "brain" type system they are using.

As for long term durability? That all depends on many factors. Anything in moderation will last a long time. N2O will find your weakest link, or should I say emphasize the weakest link. Probably the stock clutch wearing out prematurely

SNK BITN

Established Member
My buddy, whos on the contour boards frequently (svtnos), use to spray a 75 shot in his svt contour. He seemed to have quite a few drivetrain problems. It seems though that tranny is buily to handle that much torque shock. He has had the motor replaced but it may not have been due to the nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread