Nitro nt-05

Rare R

Established Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8qnjHU62E3rNYmZg9
I purchased a set of four brand new nitto nt-05 yesterday with a date code of Nov 2018. Nitto say that old of the tire is acceptable to sell new not sure I necessarily agree.
Any thoughts?

Another issue that I have came across is that it appears i have two different tread patterns.
(See pics)
Has anybody ever came across this problem?

Rare r

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Staggered sizes? It’s OK to run a set of tires like that for daily driving, you will still get four more years out of them before you should worry about sidewall cracking. They are not as fresh as far as track driving but would still be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Rare R

Established Member
Staggered sizes? It’s OK to run a set of tires like that for daily driving, you will still get four more years out of them before you should worry about sidewall they are not as fresh as far as track driving but would still be fine.

All 4 are the same
285/35/18

All four tires are the same size 285/35/18
Staggered sizes? It’s OK to run a set of tires like that for daily driving, you will still get four more years out of them before you should worry about sidewall cracking. They are not as fresh as far as track driving but would still be fine.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I know they will stagger the tread blocks to make them fit the circumference of the tire and keep a balance. But almost looks like one of them is an R compound or drag radial

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I don’t see your pics, but I’m running NT05s on my R... great tire!

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
The tread patterns are assymetrical from one side to the other. Putting the tires side to side is like comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing the inboard side of one tire to the outboard side of the other.

Rare R

Established Member
IMG_20200129_034925_03.jpg
IMG_20200129_034925_01.jpg
IMG_20200129_034925_02.jpg

Rare R

Established Member
The tread is not different from inside to outside. Tread pattern is different from tire to tire.

Last edited:

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Try stacking two of them on top of each other and rotate the top one until it matches the bottom. Try to line up the "Nitto" names of the top and bottom. Don't line up the "W218" markings in blue.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It does appear you have one tire with different siping on both edges. It also looks like a different size. Are you sure that tire is the same size as the others? Also, compare the date code of that tire to the others. Could it be they revised the treat pattern?

Tom

MG0h3

Established Member
Had those on my car at 600whp. Spin city.

Don’t be afraid to bitch. My last set of ets looked funny to me and have been shit. Think they were dried out. Weren’t as old as yours either.

Last edited:

Goose17

Established Member
Had those on my car at 600whp. Spin city.

Don’t be afraid to bitch. My last set of ets looked funny to me and have been shit. Think they were dried out. Weren’t as old as yours either.

I would not put these on my 750hp 2011 GT500... they would be “spin city” as you say, but for the 385hp 00R, they are a fantastic tire.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I would not put these on my 750hp 2011 GT500... they would be “spin city” as you say, but for the 385hp 00R, they are a fantastic tire.

What size is closest to the factory tire fitment and are the wide/narrow, tall/short compared to the stock bfg's?

Goose17

Established Member
What size is closest to the factory tire fitment and are the wide/narrow, tall/short compared to the stock bfg's?
I have 275 wide 18” NT05. They are actually a bit narrower than the OEM 265 tires on the car. I recommend going with a 285 wide 18 NT05... it will be the closest to the OEM 265 tires, which obviously ran quite wide.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I have 275 wide 18” NT05. They are actually a bit narrower than the OEM 265 tires on the car. I recommend going with a 285 wide 18 NT05... it will be the closest to the OEM 265 tires, which obviously ran quite wide.

Would the Michelin 265/40/zr 18 Pilot Super Sport be the same size as the original tires? I know some manufacturers with the same tire size are actually different in width and height by how they measure them. Looking for the absolute closest look, size wise, to the original tires.

Goose17

Established Member
Would the Michelin 265/40/zr 18 Pilot Super Sport be the same size as the original tires? I know some manufacturers with the same tire size are actually different in width and height by how they measure them. Looking for the absolute closest look, size wise, to the original tires.
I have no experience with those tires so I cannot comment on them. The OEM tires on the 00R were quite wide, despite being officially listed as 265s. The 275s that I bought were narrower than the originals by a little bit. That’s why I recommend going with 285s, at least with NT05s.

Rare R

Established Member
285/35/18 in nitto nt-05 the size was as close to stock I could fine they are wider but almost identical in height.
I put them on all four corners and I've had no issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread