Ninja ZX-14R Takes The L

RunninHorse

Established Member
Warm up race was a yellow motorcycle with a swing arm. After beating a Busa the last time out I tried to give this guy the hit to make it interesting. He wouldn't go with it and gave me the hit. I gapped him by a school bus before letting off. Was ready to go again on a honk, but he wouldn't line up with me and he wouldn't stop to talk, lol. Wish I knew what model it was, but it was too dark to see.

Was about to head home and saw a couple more motorcycles that turned out to be a father and daughter. He was on a 2016? green Ninja ZX-14R. Took him two out of three races and was pulling away from him more than that Busa. He got me one race when I spun and the trans short-shifted. We talked for a bit and I should have gotten his number. He was on pump gas, so it would be a good race to get him on C12.

I'm definitely throwing on the GoPro next time I'm out. I found where people are meeting up around San Antonio and it's the same place we used to go 25 years ago.

Three fast bikes and three wins in my first three races. Very happy with how this car is running!

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
A Zx14R runs mid 9s @ 150. What did you roll at and what did you let off at?

RunninHorse

Established Member
A Zx14R runs mid 9s @ 150. What did you roll at and what did you let off at?

That's about what my car should run on wastegate pressure, but I turned it up to about 16 psi for that race. I was almost at the top of 2nd gear for two races and the top of 3rd for another race. When we raced from 2nd I spun and we were side by side for a little while, but from 3rd I pulled away cleanly. I'd guess I let off at 140-150. Not comfortable enough to check the speedo at those speeds yet. This power level is more than twice anything I've had before.

What are your mods?

Ford built Aluminator crate, CPR single turbo kit, modified 6R80, and other supporting mods. AED tuned.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You are killing it my friend. Any plans to get out to the track? I would love to see how this thing runs.

RunninHorse

Established Member
Thanks Riddick. I'd love to see how it does at the track too. The nearest track will likely boot me after one good pass since I don't have a cage and other safety stuff they require. Not sure one pass is worth the time and effort. Planning to wait until the pandemic cools down since my wife and baby are at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread