Nikon D800 - 36.3MP Camera

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Might upgrade from my D90 to this baby, great thing about it is the sensor is compatible with all nikon lenses 1977-present so i can keep my d90 lenses :). Seems nice for the price, not as bad as the $7,000 pricetag of the D4 :eek:

Nikon D800 & D800E

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I just started last year with a d3100. I know it's a toy compared to your d90 and that one. I am a little jelly of my friends canon tho.

Planter

Banned
christ, the filesize in pixels will be astronomical in size. im kinda surprised at the price being that low. that's a pretty damn good price.
downside is, it is severely lacking in the fps (frames per second) area. only 4-6 fps depending on what mode you're in, my 7D will blow that thing out of the water easily.

I want the EOS 1DX for my next camera. Full Frame, 51,200 ISO, expandable in h1 to 100,000+ ISO, and in h2 to 200,000+ ISO, goes as low at 50 ISO.

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS-1D X

Canon EOS-1D X professional DSLR announcement and overview: Digital Photography Review

it's expected to be around $5000, and it's a full frame but only has 18 MP, but the fps is phenomenal!

14fps in jpg, 12 fps in raw mode. smoking fast for a full frame, and at 18mp, more than enough clarity and sharpness to get an awesome photo.

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
christ, the filesize in pixels will be astronomical in size.
14fps in jpg, 12 fps in raw mode, iso of 52,000, with increased iSO of 200,000 in h2 mode.

Lol. I have no clue wtf any of that stuff means. Btw, thanks for the Mac help. :beer:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
christ, the filesize in pixels will be astronomical in size. im kinda surprised at the price being that low. that's a pretty damn good price.

I have the Canon 7D and i want the

EOS 1DX for my next camera.

Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS-1D X

Canon EOS-1D X professional DSLR announcement and overview: Digital Photography Review

it's expected to be around $5000, and it's a full frame but only has 18 MP, but the fps is supposed to be phenomenal!

14fps in jpg, 12 fps in raw mode, iso of 52,000, with increased iSO of 200,000 in h2 mode.

exactly what i figured. It will be a damn good price. As far as file sizes go i guess thats why it has two memory cards lol.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If ima pay $7k for a camera like that, youd think it would have easily a 64gb onboard flash storage integrated. And make me coffee in the morning.

Planter

Banned
phizz, fps, is how many frames (pictures) the camera can take per second in jpeg mode. the faster the better, you can slow down motion (airshows, drag races, etc faster and get better pictures that are sharper, crisper, clearer, more detailed pics of the subject, with good motion blur in the background).

most DSLR's have a few modes

RAW - largest size, gives you more editing control over variables in photoshop
JPEG + RAW - you get the jpeg and raw image combined
JPEG L - no raw editing capability
JPEG M - no raw editing, smaller file size/medium pic resolution
JPEG S - no raw editing, even smaller file size/lower pic resolution

exactly what i figured. It will be a damn good price. As far as file sizes go i guess thats why it has two memory cards lol.

7,360 × 4,912 pixels...at full size that could be printed on a 24"x16" poster...:eek:

well, the FPS on that Nikon is pitiful. 4-6 fps, is meh. that's why the price is as low as it is.

my old 5D-MkII shot 3.7 or 4.7, and I got rid of it because it was highly inadequate for airshows, drag races and other action photography that I do a lot of. switched to the 7D, and i think it was either 8 or 9 fps, and it's pretty damn fast!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I kind of like these by Ben Treynor...

Education.jpg

HigherEducation.jpg

Scroll down to the city view and the highlighted small boxes enlarged, simply amazing!
Phase One: All the camera $55K can buy | Deep Tech - CNET News

Planter

Banned
on a computer those pics look like shit because they're too large for the monitor, but on a poster they are badass. but yeah, that Phase one is a sick camera. too rich for my blood!

Users who are viewing this thread