Nice job jeep!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Well done. Take note, Gillette.
My wife drives a 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited. 206k miles and she refused
S to get a new vehicle. She loves it. Other than a couple phantom clunks coming from out back, it's been a solid truck.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
No experience with the new products
Leaps and bounds better, from material quality to over all build, fit and finish

It’s crazy because I swear their products were garbage before and in such a short time have completely turned around.

They aren’t with out their problems but neither is any brand anymore.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
People can say what they want about FCA or Jeep. Most reliable vehicles i have owned have been Jeeps. My 1999 Jeep XJ 4.0 i bought with 64k on it and sold with 315k. No issues. Just general maintenance + accessory replacement. 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7. Bought with 32k on it, sold at 195k. General maintenance and battery replacement. Maybe i got lucky but in my experience, jeeps are the shit.

I will get another XJ in the future. 4.0 with a 5 speed. Best vehicle ever imo

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
People can say what they want about FCA or Jeep. Most reliable vehicles i have owned have been Jeeps. My 1999 Jeep XJ 4.0 i bought with 64k on it and sold with 315k. No issues. Just general maintenance + accessory replacement. 2006 Jeep Commander 5.7. Bought with 32k on it, sold at 195k. General maintenance and battery replacement. Maybe i got lucky but in my experience, jeeps are the shit.

I will get another XJ in the future. 4.0 with a 5 speed. Best vehicle ever imo

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

These noisy/ticky 4.0s go for ever.
My father once told me a story about a guy whom came into the Ford dealer wanting to know what the tick noise was he was hearing on his 4.0 Wrangler. The gentleman claimed it wasn't the normal "tick". They checked the oil to find zero oil on the stick. Drained the oil and there was barely a quart in the pan. That thing was still running like a top though.

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
The Ramforum guys are pretty happy over there. Tons of threads of nothing but modifications. Now the GM forum Im on is littered with threads about how ****ed up their truck is and a new thread a week of buybacks

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Awesome commercial.

Bought my 2005 Ram 4x4 (Daytona Edition) new and have had no issues over the last 14 years. Still started strong last week during the -30 temperatures with no block heater and sitting outside.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was over the top well done. Thanks for posting it. You know, I see so many silly commercials on TV. Outright stupid. Really nice to see one with a good, positive message. One that you won't easily forget.

tistan

Established Member
The Ramforum guys are pretty happy over there. Tons of threads of nothing but modifications. Now the GM forum Im on is littered with threads about how ****ed up their truck is and a new thread a week of buybacks
Not too mention that Chrysler reps are on the forum to address any complaints and problems that owners have had. The reps will send the info to open a complaint in the thread.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Not too mention that Chrysler reps are on the forum to address any complaints and problems that owners have had. The reps will send the info to open a complaint in the thread.

Wow news to me. Been over there forever and always noticed the guys seem happy with the trucks.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Well it is that way in the 2019 ram section, I don't know about rest of the sections.

The 4th gen guys are very satisfied with their trucks. I look in the 5th gen section here and there

tistan

Established Member
The 4th gen guys are very satisfied with their trucks. I look in the 5th gen section here and there
I just bought a 5th gen. It is my first Chrysler product. So far so good. I drove a 2018 back to back with the 2019, it was night and day difference. The ride was smoother and the interior is way nicer, and I really like the active noise canceling system. Sometimes I can't tell if the truck is running or not. It didn't hurt that I bought the 2019 for less than I could get the 2018 too.

Users who are viewing this thread